This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If I put a USB drive in the 360 can I download directly onto it?

#11ShadowSkill11Posted 11/16/2012 2:10:13 PM
8bitJimmy posted...
ShadowSkill11 posted...
Don't feel like dropping the 5 bucks for a USB drive to see for yourself?

Why would he need to do that when luckily there are people nothing like you on here who can actually be helpful and answer the question.

Google.com
#12TheBlueStigPosted 11/16/2012 2:53:02 PM
Super Creatures posted...
Only if you don't have an HDD connected, or it lacks the space for the content.

Content will automatically start downloading to the default storage device, which is the HDD in every case where one is present (not entirely sure how it determines default storage device when the only ones connected are MUs), there is no option to choose the storage device prior to starting the download (although, iirc, this isn't true for title updates, I believe the download prompt also has an option to change the storage device before you download a title update), although, you can change it during the download (you'll just have to go into storage settings and delete whatever data may have been downloaded to the original device), or for a pending download before it starts.

There is no way to manually configure which device is considered the default storage device, the only control you have over it is HDD takes priority, and if you don't have an HDD connected, you have to learn which MU it will default to if you have multiple MUs connected (obviously, if all you have is one MU connected, it will be the only device available, therefore it will be the default device).

Didn't there used to be a default storage device option in the console options somewhere?