This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Every since GTA: San Andreas I get Buyers Remorse when buying a game.

#1CalistoCoonPosted 11/17/2012 1:10:53 AM
Anyone else get this?

Even when I get a great deal on a game, got ZoE HD for only $25 and I sit and stare it and go "Why did I buy this? It's not going to live up to the hype/memories/expectations." I try to be a positive gamer but I always regret buying a game as soon as I get it out of the shrink wrap.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#2SomnambulisticPosted 11/17/2012 1:14:03 AM
Stop buying bad games?..
---
Ab-so-lutely.
#3CalistoCoon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 1:16:42 AM
ElderPredator12 posted...
Stop buying bad games?..

If only it was that simple. Although I have bought a lot of bad games due to my inability to trust review scores and just buying what I think looks good.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#4andy113456Posted 11/17/2012 1:31:09 AM
San Andreas was just a whole lot of empty space. Never understood the love. Sucks that you can no longer enjoy games I guess.
---
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s38/andy113456/andy113456v2.png
Sorry for spelling errors. I use my phone mainly =(
#5majicray2112Posted 11/17/2012 4:37:29 AM
Don't buy new games. 60 bucks for a game could give anybody buyers remorse. Find a local gameshop and become a regular. Then just get into a trade in program. I only keep games I have to have in a series I collect like Deus Ex, GTA, and a few others that have replay value. The price of new games is ridiculous. "F", em.
#6Enix BelmontPosted 11/17/2012 4:38:56 AM
CalistoCoon posted...
ElderPredator12 posted...
Stop buying bad games?..

If only it was that simple. Although I have bought a lot of bad games due to my inability to trust review scores and just buying what I think looks good.

That's exactly why I DO listen to reviews. I haven't really been disappointed in a game other than Metroid: Other M and RE6 in a long time, and RE6, I basically understood what I was getting into. If you don't just factor in the score, and read the review, you can usually find many people complain about the same issues that might ruin a game for you. Read both the best reviews and the worst reviews, oftentimes what some people consider a fault is a plus to others, and you can usually judge how you'd feel about without playing it.

I'm not really sure what to tell you otherwise, though. Try looking towards older games for a while. Replay SNES games for a while.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#7SunDevil77Posted 11/17/2012 6:49:10 AM
I dont understand...I open that shrink-wrap like I am undressing a gorgeous woman. Slowly, and carefully.
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
#8Vyse_skiesPosted 11/17/2012 6:58:10 AM
CalistoCoon posted...
Anyone else get this?

Even when I get a great deal on a game, got ZoE HD for only $25 and I sit and stare it and go "Why did I buy this? It's not going to live up to the hype/memories/expectations." I try to be a positive gamer but I always regret buying a game as soon as I get it out of the shrink wrap.

I do this all the time. I even do it with cheap games.
---
My ignore list is exclusive to trolls only. I should warn you though, it's crowded and the trolls imprisoned within are mean, anti-social and well... ignored.
#9HeLeehamPosted 11/17/2012 6:59:23 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
I dont understand...I open that shrink-wrap like I am undressing a gorgeous woman. Slowly, and carefully.

And duct tape over its mouth?

In all seriousness though I get readers remorse when I read your topics/posts.
#10SunDevil77Posted 11/17/2012 7:04:06 AM
HeLeeham posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

And duct tape over its mouth?

In all seriousness though I get readers remorse when I read your topics/posts.

My posts?
T_T
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.