This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Delisted Games

• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Delisted Games
3 years ago#21
Oh, also, Magic 2013 does have an expansion already, which is also currently on sale as part of the Black Friday week sale, at 50% off.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Magic-2013-Expansion/593e1e55-f104-4d2e-b773-a48bbdbe212a?cid=SLink
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
3 years ago#22
MINION21046 posted...
And all you who defend Digital Distribution - HA! thats what you get. Physical discs FTW!

The vast majority of games on XBLA and PSN are never available on disc, *** ****** ******* *****
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
3 years ago#23
teehee23 posted...
MINION21046 posted...
And all you who defend Digital Distribution - HA! thats what you get. Physical discs FTW!

The vast majority of games on XBLA and PSN are never available on disc, *** ****** ******* *****

Yes I believe that was his point.
Before digital distribution came to be games were always released physically.
A physical product can still be bought somehow even when they are discontinued.
With digital distribution you snooze you lose and even in some cases even if you do buy them there is still the threat of having them removed from servers for re-download or even disabled from use.
---
And now for something completely the same.
3 years ago#24
lostnumberwar posted...
teehee23 posted...
MINION21046 posted...

With digital distribution you snooze you lose and even in some cases even if you do buy them there is still the threat of having them removed from servers for re-download or even disabled from use.

Are we supposed to not play a good game because it's only released digitally?
Every game I purchase I buy on disk AND the download version if it's available (still waiting for Resident Evil 6 since PSN already got it).

Sega Rally and Outrun are now delisted but I always keep them installed and can redownload them but gamers waiting for a physical disc version of 98% of XBLA titles will be waiting until they're dead.
---
3 years ago#25
teehee23 posted...
lostnumberwar posted...
teehee23 posted...
MINION21046 posted...

Every game I purchase I buy on disk AND the download version if it's available (still waiting for Resident Evil 6 since PSN already got it).

Sega Rally and Outrun are now delisted but I always keep them installed and can redownload them but gamers waiting for a physical disc version of 98% of XBLA titles will be waiting until they're dead.

I understand these things, and I'm not saying don't buy them if you want to. I personally have about 75 XBLA titles. I just mean that there should be some form of physical answer to the problem of games being delisted because it's only a matter of time before the servers shift to the upcoming XBOX and I doubt they will keep support for the old marketplace. I mean just look at what happened to original XBOX no support whatsoever and no way to get back all those DLC's and games they were selling then.
The 360 is not an eternal machine and eventually you will need to replace the one you own and when that happens even if you back them up without a server to migrate those licenses all those games will revert to demos.
---
And now for something completely the same.
3 years ago#26
lostnumberwar posted...
teehee23 posted...
lostnumberwar posted...
teehee23 posted...
MINION21046 posted...

I understand these things, and I'm not saying don't buy them if you want to. I personally have about 75 XBLA titles. I just mean that there should be some form of physical answer to the problem of games being delisted because it's only a matter of time before the servers shift to the upcoming XBOX and I doubt they will keep support for the old marketplace. I mean just look at what happened to original XBOX no support whatsoever and no way to get back all those DLC's and games they were selling then.
The 360 is not an eternal machine and eventually you will need to replace the one you own and when that happens even if you back them up without a server to migrate those licenses all those games will revert to demos.

I agree and found a solution for that fear.
There has been talk that Xboxnext will be 100% bc with all XBLA content.
If not, my solution will last at least 10 years.
---
3 years ago#27
This is what I don't like about DLC they take it off and BOOOM if your hardrive fails your screw out of a game you purchased.
---
Congratulations ............. You've just been I-Conned!
3 years ago#28
teehee23 posted...
Every game I purchase I buy on disk AND the download version if it's available

WTF Why?

There's no logic in buying the same game twice, especially not with the drastically overbloated prices on digital titles on both the PSN and XBL.
3 years ago#29
HINESEY posted...
This is what I don't like about DLC they take it off and BOOOM if your hardrive fails your screw out of a game you purchased.

You just go onto your purchase history on xbox.com, find the item and redownload it (even if its been delisted)
---
The enemy of your enemy is your friend.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Delisted Games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived