This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good place to sell?

#1Bowser_King13Posted 11/17/2012 12:01:47 PM
where is a good place to sell video games?
#2_OujiDoza_Posted 11/17/2012 12:15:29 PM
Ebay or Amazon

I hear Craigslist is pretty good also, but I've never used it.
---
GT: PrinceDoZeR
http://is.gd/vVHjV1
#3HeliosAscensionPosted 11/17/2012 1:00:29 PM
Gametz.com can also be good for selling and even trading sometimes.
---
I don't need games to be mature.I need them to entertain me.And sometimes what entertains me is a couple chicks with huge bouncing chests pummeling each other.
#4SunDevil77Posted 11/17/2012 1:05:33 PM
Craigslist is the fastest for the most money.
Ebay is good, but they get a cut, and you have to ship.
Amazon is great, but you have to pay to sell on there, and you have to ship.
Gamestop is decent if you get the right trade in deals.
Best Buy is fantastic when they have their 100% trade in bonus going on.
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
#5shawnmckPosted 11/17/2012 1:12:48 PM
I would say e-bay is more widely used...but Amazon is also a good site.
Or, you could just put an ad in your local newspaper..?

BTW
Just because you post your game on e-bay or amazon, etc...does not guarantee a sell.
You have to factor in that there are plenty of other people selling the exact same thing you are, and often at a lower price.
I've had things just sit there for long periods with no sale. I once wanted to sell a game for $5 bucks, and the only offer I got was from some guy that offered to buy it if I dropped the price to $1 dollar. The game was Quake IV, and was being sold at gamestop new for $20 bucks...and my copy was used, but like new.

So you need to price your game right, and sometimes even then it still doesn't sell (for whatever reason).

Also
All these sites take a cut.
So when you sell your game, you then owe e-bay or Amazon a percentage of the sale.

And if you haven't sold on one of these sites before and are new, then you start off with a rating of zero (0), which makes some people hesitant to buy from you because you lack the reputation.