This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Xbox 360 now officially a last gen console.

#31KOTRwhoopsPosted 11/18/2012 3:43:09 AM
So many clueless people...
---
PLAYING - Halo 4 (360), Dragon's Dogma (360), Resident Evil 6 (360).
MOST WANTED - FFvrsXIII, GTAV, ZombiU, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#32bdavis93Posted 11/18/2012 5:13:09 AM(edited)
CapnStanky posted...
These reviews are hilarious. Multi plats look and play worse on Wii U than on the PS3, which itself was worse than 360. Welcome to current gen, Nintendo. Better luck next time.

Multi plats are synonymous with crappily done ports. They look worse on Wii U and PS3 because they were designed for Xbox360(the lowest common denominator) then cloned over to the other consoles.
#33WeaponX1138Posted 11/18/2012 5:14:30 AM
Winternova posted...
Who cares what "generation" a console is? The Intellivision was a 16 bit console, for crying out loud, and you don't see people saying that Mattel product was a new "generation" compared to the Atari 2600 or Odyssey2 or Fairchild Channel F..."generations" are arbitrarily assigned and not really worth discussing.

---
It's a trick....Get an axe!
GT: SilentMark1138
#34NewavePosted 11/18/2012 5:50:59 AM
Joehop007 posted...
Now before people say the Wii U is not 8th gen because of hardware, a console generation is not determined by tech, its by the time period the system is released.

lol, what the actual cuss have you been injecting directly into your veins?

*Console generations are ONLY determined by tech.

There, now that that undeniable and indisputable fact has been established we can talk like adults about this.

Wii U came into this generation 7 years late. Will people still stand for this nonsense and throw their money away for old technology like it was new and worth the money that it clearly isn't?

I hope they won't, Nintendo needs to be buried and forgotten so they can't ruin their own name, brands and franchises anymore. Mario was tolerant as a 2D platformer in the late 80s/early 90s, Metroid II Return of Samus was a test that passed with flying colors that they sadly never learned enough from to make a decent series out of and other than the few good 2D Mario games and Metroid 2 they literally didn't have a single good game under their name. It'll be nice to finally see them come to an eternal rest where they belong, it's been too long already, 17 years with not a single good game release just doesn't warrant their existence on the market if you ask me.

I hope their long time fans will finally realize this with this Wii U garbage they finally decided to add to these, the autumn years of this generation.
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB, XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
#35MotiJrPosted 11/18/2012 6:54:46 AM
Newave posted...
Joehop007 posted...
Now before people say the Wii U is not 8th gen because of hardware, a console generation is not determined by tech, its by the time period the system is released.

lol, what the actual cuss have you been injecting directly into your veins?

*Console generations are ONLY determined by tech.

There, now that that undeniable and indisputable fact has been established we can talk like adults about this.

Wii U came into this generation 7 years late. Will people still stand for this nonsense and throw their money away for old technology like it was new and worth the money that it clearly isn't?

I hope they won't, Nintendo needs to be buried and forgotten so they can't ruin their own name, brands and franchises anymore. Mario was tolerant as a 2D platformer in the late 80s/early 90s, Metroid II Return of Samus was a test that passed with flying colors that they sadly never learned enough from to make a decent series out of and other than the few good 2D Mario games and Metroid 2 they literally didn't have a single good game under their name. It'll be nice to finally see them come to an eternal rest where they belong, it's been too long already, 17 years with not a single good game release just doesn't warrant their existence on the market if you ask me.

I hope their long time fans will finally realize this with this Wii U garbage they finally decided to add to these, the autumn years of this generation.

Except that you're wrong so everything you say is automatically invalidated. Sorry that you're so bitter.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#36Perfect LightPosted 11/18/2012 6:56:08 AM
Wii U isn't next gen, it's Nintendo catching up with this gen.
---
Visit youtube.com/sciencebytes, learn something new
My novel - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0095KJ6YC
#37bigpoppapatPosted 11/18/2012 7:16:49 AM(edited)
MageofBlood391 posted...
Generation has never meant hardware power, folks. Stop being stupid.

this. people just want to hate on Nintendo.

if Toyota and Honda release a 2013 Camry and accord respectively, with say 260 hp and 270 hp each and nice options. and Nissan releases a 2013 Altima with 170 hp with more economic options, they're all still 2013 despite the Toyota and Honda being superior.

Edit : would u say well Honda and Toyota had the cars with 170 hp in 2006 so nissans new Altima is really 2006 since its not as powerful? or adversely if Nissan in 2014 made a 285 hp nice car would u say that's 2013 because they're catching up??
---
Sent via PowerFAQs
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii617/patoons/f5gif.gif http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii617/patoons/clap2.gif
#38StarGoyPosted 11/18/2012 7:59:31 AM
bdavis93 posted...
CapnStanky posted...
These reviews are hilarious. Multi plats look and play worse on Wii U than on the PS3, which itself was worse than 360. Welcome to current gen, Nintendo. Better luck next time.

Multi plats are synonymous with crappily done ports. They look worse on Wii U and PS3 because they were designed for Xbox360(the lowest common denominator) then cloned over to the other consoles.

With miniscule exceptions such as Metal Gear Solid 2, most PlayStation 2-designed ports looked better on the Xbox.
#39Gillian SeedPosted 11/18/2012 10:09:52 AM
It actually does make me think of the Dreamcast. Saying the Wii or Gamecube is like the Dreamcast is definitely off. The Wii was released at the same time as the PS3; a year after the Xbox 360. Not only was the Gamecube again one of the last consoles to be released in it's generation, the Dreamcast was actually part of that generation.

A problem the Wii U might face is although it is next gen now it might seem it's own mid-gen when the next Xbox and Playstation come out. Rarely do I see the Dreamcast mentioned as part of the Gamecube/Xbox/PS2 generation.

If the other two consoles are released next year it might not be a problem. The Wii U simply came out a year earlier. One console usually does that every generation. But if Sony and Microsoft release their next consoles in 2014 then the Wii U might be perceived as some kind of .5 gen console in between the 360/PS3/Wii generation and the PS4/720 generation.
#40twa556Posted 11/18/2012 10:11:56 AM
MageofBlood391 posted...
Generation has never meant hardware power, folks. Stop being stupid.

---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBnuVfx8uVA&list
Typical example of Anime^