This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Xbox 360 now officially a last gen console.

#41shawnmckPosted 11/18/2012 9:15:35 AM
I find it laughable how the Wii-U is considered "next-gen", when its performance is on par with the XB 360 & PS3, and in some cases beneath them.
The best looking Wii-U game (to me) is ZombiU, and it is kinda blurry and doesn't look any better than current gen games.
The Wii-U has the fancy tablet/controller, and that's pretty much it.
#42GeistPosted 11/18/2012 9:26:34 AM
Atari and Sega just released new 2600s and Genesis models this year, are they now next generation as well TC?
---
Currently playing : Minecraft 360
#43FFTHEWINNERPosted 11/18/2012 9:57:23 AM
considiring the fact that a major part of any console(cpu) is actually STRONGER in the 360 than in the wiiu,Hell No. The wii u is current gen just like wiii is last gen.
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#44DavCubePosted 11/18/2012 10:35:20 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
MageofBlood391 posted...
Generation has never meant hardware power, folks. Stop being stupid.

-_-

Sure, keep pushing your head-canon on us, symbiote. Maybe, just maybe, that'll change people's minds. Except not.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#45vigorm0rtisPosted 11/18/2012 10:42:20 AM
Fun crowd.
---
Protip: If you don't see gorilla coming he's already behind you, lotion bottle in hand. --CaPwnd
#46triple sPosted 11/18/2012 11:13:47 AM
The Wii U shouldn't even be classified as mid gen(ala Dreamcast...true next gen system that was quickly destroyed by the compitition) I don't want to hear this graphics aren't everything BS because I guarantee if the next Xbox or PS come out that are at least twice as powerful as they are now, third party developing is going straight to the crapper just like the Wii with all its crappy ports.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09
#47SlimeSwayzePosted 11/18/2012 11:20:09 AM
It's all just semantics and there's no point in arguing. Maybe the Wii U is the start of the next generation of consoles, and maybe it isn't. Either way it doesn't change the fact that it contains essentially the same tech as PS3 and 360. Call it next-gen or call it current-gen, it doesn't matter. It doesn't change what the console is and is not capable of doing.
---
Currently Playing: Oblivion (finally, with mods!) and To the Moon
#48all_that_juicePosted 11/18/2012 2:36:56 PM
Whoah.... Whoah! I just heard the Wii U's CPU is much weaker than the CPUs in the PS3 and the 360. If this is true how the hell could Wii U be considered next gen? It's just laughable to call it that.
---
isn't hearing technically a dimension? so this should be called the 4DS. - I_Always_Die