This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are some good Spider-man games

#11TheArcadePosted 11/18/2012 10:42:06 AM
Eagles931 posted...
TheArcade posted...
Spider-Man Arcade
Spider-Man vs the Kingpin for Sega CD
Maximum Carnage
Spider-Man 2
Ultimate Spider-Man
Seperation Anxiety
Web of Shadows
The Spidey game with Spider-Man 2099

All the others after these ones are ultimately forgettable.

Spider-Man (Playstation) says hi

Spider-Man (Dreamcast) gives her regards.

I did forget to mention that legendary Spider-Man game.
---
Phantom Miria, Rippling Ophelia, Teresa of the Faint Smile, Windcutter Flora, God-Eye Galatea
#12Eagles931Posted 11/18/2012 10:51:29 AM
TheArcade posted...
Eagles931 posted...
TheArcade posted...
Spider-Man Arcade
Spider-Man vs the Kingpin for Sega CD
Maximum Carnage
Spider-Man 2
Ultimate Spider-Man
Seperation Anxiety
Web of Shadows
The Spidey game with Spider-Man 2099

All the others after these ones are ultimately forgettable.

Spider-Man (Playstation) says hi

Spider-Man (Dreamcast) gives her regards.

I did forget to mention that legendary Spider-Man game.

Love the list but to not mention Spider-Man is just downright blasphemous lol.
---
PS : SlootSlayer11
GT: SlootSlayer11
#13SSJGrimReaperPosted 11/18/2012 11:13:07 AM
In terms of the games on the 360 from best to worst IMO:

Amazing Spider-Man
Web of Shadows
Shattered Dimensions
Edge of Time
Spider-Man 3
Friend or Foe
---
Big Apple, 3 A.M.
http://i.imgur.com/LPi7w.gif
#14vigorm0rtisPosted 11/18/2012 11:16:07 AM
I think Web of Shadows is the best this gen, but I didn't play Amazing, so take that for what it's worth. The community was pretty split on Amazing, though.
---
Protip: If you don't see gorilla coming he's already behind you, lotion bottle in hand. --CaPwnd
#15BangoSkankPosted 11/18/2012 11:20:47 AM
For this Gen, pretty much all of them.
---
GT: Savage Opopanax
PSN ID: Savage_Opopanax
#16SSJGrimReaperPosted 11/18/2012 11:24:28 AM
Friend or Foe does provide easy achievements though
---
Big Apple, 3 A.M.
http://i.imgur.com/LPi7w.gif
#17LiquidViperPosted 11/18/2012 12:11:47 PM
The Amazing Spider-Man was actually pretty good, but it's fairly short; I rented it from Redbox and finished it. The main missions are fun, the boss fights are pretty bad except for couple, and the side missions are incredibly redundant. Aside from that, it's really good.

Shattered Dimensions is probably the one I had the most fun with. Four different Spider-Men were really fun to use despite the linearity.

Web of Shadows was great except the last Act becomes incredibly repetitive because of a lot of "go here, go back to start, come back to finish this" kind of objectives. This did have probably the best combat system of the current gen games.

Spider-Man 3 was fairly weak. I bought it when the movie came out and honestly, if you find this for $5 or something, it's worth your time.
#18JuhanorPosted 11/18/2012 2:25:22 PM
The three Beenox games - Amazing, Shattered, and EoT - are all really good.

Amazing is the first open-world Spidey game where I said "Yeah, I'm Spider-Man" in the first half hour, has some good locomotion and voice acting. Combat isn't that great - personally, I'm sick of Beenox reusing the "acid-spitting beast" enemy - but it's a very grandiose game. I'll agree that it gets redundant, though. Buy this for "wow" moments, locomotion, and nods to the fans.

Shattered Dimensions is a really cool concept, solid combat, fun to play as four different versions of Spidey. Noir is the reason to buy this game, though the others are fun in their own ways. Linear, but other design choices make that OK.

Edge of Time, only get for the story and combat. Very short, very linear game, though like I said, the story and combat are great. If you can, get Shattered Dimension and EoT together, since the latter is set after the other. Since it was rushed during Amazing's development, it is kinda glitchy, but if you can get it to work, you'll love the story. Great plot twists and some really cool "What If?" worthy ideas.

Having played all three of these, I can honestly say that Beenox "knows" Spider-Man and what fans of Spider-Man want in a game. Lots of costumes in all three, great stories, mostly solid combat and webswinging... I look forward to their next Spidey game (given my past experiences, it'll be a day one purchase for sure).
#19NeoGeoXSegaPosted 11/18/2012 2:30:42 PM
There have been 3 generally considered good Spider-Man games in all of videogame history.

Spider-Man Vs. The Kingpin (Genesis)
Spider-Man (Playstation One)
Spider-Man 2 (Xbox/PS2/GC)

All other Spider-Man games range from bad to decent/above average.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#20SpaceDesperadoPosted 11/19/2012 12:31:51 AM(edited)
PS1 Spider-man games are good
Spider-man 2 is the best game though simply because of the great physics and web-slinging mechanics, the most important thing in a Spider-man game.

How is the xbox version of the game based on the first Sam Raimi Spider-man film? I was thinking of getting it, I heard it's really short.