This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Seriously how come there are many children in COD and Halo online?

#11TheBlueStigPosted 11/19/2012 8:09:47 AM
Perfect Light posted...
Because 360s are great babysitters.

This is the topic winner.

Far too many parents buy their kids game systems to substitute for a real babysitter, then they have the gall to whine on the TV news about the M rated games their kids are playing.....games they bought for the kids themselves.
#12SunDevil77Posted 11/19/2012 8:13:37 AM
Batistute posted...
I am not going to talk about their parents because this is useless. But I am sure MS knows about this issue and decided to do nothing about it.
I mean it is so obvious on the majority of online MP sessions in these games as they keep yelling during the whole game, before and after!

I know we can mute them but how come did they manage to get a copy and how MS is neglecting this when those kids are the most vocal and annoying players in Cod and halo communities!
I mean it is easy to know who's who and ban their accounts, at least when another 8 y kid comes and somehow get a copy he won't use his mic to annoy others!

You do know those kids are completely allowed to play those games so long as their parents deem it acceptable?

Microsoft has absolutely nothing to do with game sales other than GoD. And even if they did, how could they prove the kids' parents didn't buy them the game?
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
#13DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiCPosted 11/19/2012 8:13:53 AM
The reasons there are kids playing M-rated games are legion: parents using the game as an electronic babysitter, parents not wanting to deal with the kid whining about how "everybody else has it", parents who don't know the kid bought the game, etc. etc. Keep in mind these are the same parents who complain about violent video games and would attempt to blame the makers when little Johnny takes an AR-15 to school and ruins everyones lunch hour.
---
"It's not about money, it's about sending a message. Everything burns."
#14TwinmoldPosted 11/19/2012 8:17:08 AM
The funniest thing to me is, if you were all children and were told you couldn't play M-rated games on Xbox Live, you would rightly freak out. If you can't deal with children on the internet, I have no idea how you're going to survive life.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#15DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiCPosted 11/19/2012 8:20:20 AM
Personally, I don't give a flying **** about kids playing online one way or the other. If they're annoying me, that's why there's a mute option.

What does annoy me is that all these parenting groups browbeat the industry into accepting a ratings system designed to prevent exactly this from happening, and it's totally useless. And all it leads to is finger-pointing and blaming from parents to companies, from companies to parents.
---
"It's not about money, it's about sending a message. Everything burns."
#16Batistute(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 8:22:37 AM
Sometimes I cant understand the mindset of gamefaqs users, if you dont like my post then just dont contribute. As simple as that you dont have to complain and direct the topic to another direction.

As for Halo, this is the case since Halo3 and I do not want to divide the community but there is a reason why kids are not allowed to play online games without the presence of their parents.

It is safe for kids not to play with adults, there are many sad stories on child abuse so my complain for the sake of both groups (adults and kids).

So if there are clear regulations that prevent kids from playing online why MS cant implement them?
What is your problem if these kids were prevented from playing Halo or COD online or at least prevented from abusing their mics and disturb others!
---
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers" Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943.
#17TwinmoldPosted 11/19/2012 8:29:34 AM
Sometimes I cant understand the mindset of gamefaqs users, if you dont like my post then just dont contribute. As simple as that you dont have to complain and direct the topic to another direction.

Why so troll bro?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#18Batistute(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 8:30:34 AM
What does annoy me is that all these parenting groups browbeat the industry into accepting a ratings system designed to prevent exactly this from happening, and it's totally useless. And all it leads to is finger-pointing and blaming from parents to companies, from companies to parents.

Valid point.

The reasons there are kids playing M-rated games are legion: parents using the game as an electronic babysitter, parents not wanting to deal with the kid whining about how "everybody else has it", parents who don't know the kid bought the game, etc. etc. Keep in mind these are the same parents who complain about violent video games and would attempt to blame the makers when little Johnny takes an AR-15 to school and ruins everyones lunch hour.

Which is sad, because at the end parents will blame video game companies again!

The funniest thing to me is, if you were all children and were told you couldn't play M-rated games on Xbox Live, you would rightly freak out. If you can't deal with children on the internet, I have no idea how you're going to survive life.

Games these days are more brutal than the days when we were kids, also we did not have adult players on the other side who might abuse you, with words not necessary physical.
I can deal with them, but the fact that they are getting bigger makes me wonder where MS monitoring system!
---
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers" Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943.
#19FocianPosted 11/19/2012 8:31:39 AM
Sometimes I cant understand the mindset of gamefaqs users, if you dont like my post then just dont contribute.

Disagreement and dislike are not the same. Many disagree and have stated, quite clearly, why.

As for Halo, this is the case since Halo3 and I do not want to divide the community but there is a reason why kids are not allowed to play online games without the presence of their parents.

There is no such rule, law or clause in MSFT's T&Cs that state a child must have a legal parent or guardian present to play said games. Can you clarify what you mean.
---
GT/PSN: Focian-
Like Archery? Try Here http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/962934-archery/64399091
#20SunDevil77Posted 11/19/2012 8:34:53 AM
Batistute posted...

It is safe for kids not to play with adults, there are many sad stories on child abuse so my complain for the sake of both groups (adults and kids).

So if there are clear regulations that prevent kids from playing online why MS cant implement them?
What is your problem if these kids were prevented from playing Halo or COD online or at least prevented from abusing their mics and disturb others!

I don't like you
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.