This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Seriously how come there are many children in COD and Halo online?

#21Batistute(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 9:39:35 AM
Focian posted...
Sometimes I cant understand the mindset of gamefaqs users, if you dont like my post then just dont contribute.

Disagreement and dislike are not the same. Many disagree and have stated, quite clearly, why.

As for Halo, this is the case since Halo3 and I do not want to divide the community but there is a reason why kids are not allowed to play online games without the presence of their parents.

There is no such rule, law or clause in MSFT's T&Cs that state a child must have a legal parent or guardian present to play said games. Can you clarify what you mean.

Dude read:

You acknowledge that some features of the Services, and some content available through the Services, may contain or expose users to material unsuitable for minors. You agree to supervise usage by minors whom you permit or enable to use the Services. The Services are not intended for use by children under 13 without adult supervision;

From Xbox live TOS:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Legal/livetou
---
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers" Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943.
#22TwinmoldPosted 11/19/2012 9:53:49 AM(edited)
Games these days are more brutal than the days when we were kids, also we did not have adult players on the other side who might abuse you, with words not necessary physical.

Lmao, now I know you're too young to even begin discussing this subject. Which is of no surprise to me since I have found from my experiences, that the people who complain the loudest about children are barely out of childhood themselves.

Games have always been violent. When I was a child, everybody was throwing a fit about Mortal Kombat, and how it would destroy our youth. Pro-tip, online gaming has been around for far longer than Xbox Live. I was probably 10 when I played my first online game, and by 13 I was running my own 60+ member Medal of Honor clan. We dealt with insults with the same maturity that my friends and I do now, which is to insult the hell out of them and then try to destroy them in game. Kids go through public school, what makes you think Xbox Live is any worse than real insults and social shaming?

You agree to supervise usage by minors whom you permit or enable to use the Services. The Services are not intended for use by children under 13 without adult supervision;

Supervision means that the parent is aware of what content their child is consuming. It doesn't mean they have to sit behind them like a hawk monitoring every minute of game time.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#23Grand_BluePosted 11/19/2012 9:54:20 AM
I don't know why little kids who haven't started puberty yet play these games online, but it's worse when they speak Spanish. I thought online games were separated by region? Anyone else get annoying Spanish speaking kids often?
#24stapler87Posted 11/19/2012 10:04:23 AM
I never understood everyone's hate for children being in multiplayer games... especially when the mute function comes in to play.

As long as I don't have to hear you, I don't give a **** who you are, how old you are, or where you come from.
---
"How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelet?" - George Carlin
#25DyingPancakePosted 11/19/2012 10:04:41 AM
Batistute posted...

Games these days are more brutal than the days when we were kids, also we did not have adult players on the other side who might abuse you, with words not necessary physical.
I can deal with them, but the fact that they are getting bigger makes me wonder where MS monitoring system!

Are you sure about this?

Some of the most graphic games today are Gears of War and God of War

Compare that to games in that era where you had to look through a photo realistic image of a split human head to find some kind of key. This was some point-and-click game (which I can't remember the name of) and there were many more like them

How is shooting humans in CoD worse than using a model gun to shoot people in Lethal Enforcers? Actually LE is worse than CoD as they are using actual images of humans.

Halo can easily pass for a T game so there isn't even really an argument there
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#26FocianPosted 11/19/2012 10:08:28 AM
Batistute posted...
Focian posted...
Sometimes I cant understand the mindset of gamefaqs users, if you dont like my post then just dont contribute.

Disagreement and dislike are not the same. Many disagree and have stated, quite clearly, why.

As for Halo, this is the case since Halo3 and I do not want to divide the community but there is a reason why kids are not allowed to play online games without the presence of their parents.

There is no such rule, law or clause in MSFT's T&Cs that state a child must have a legal parent or guardian present to play said games. Can you clarify what you mean.

Dude read:

You acknowledge that some features of the Services, and some content available through the Services, may contain or expose users to material unsuitable for minors. You agree to supervise usage by minors whom you permit or enable to use the Services. The Services are not intended for use by children under 13 without adult supervision;

From Xbox live TOS:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Legal/livetou

*Adjusts Monocle*

It appears I was wrong. Fair play.

That being said, I think this is just MSFT covering their backs saying that the ultimate responsibility (and rightly so) lies with the parents or guardians.

Still, you can stay on here all day and get no resolution, or you can email MSFT and be done.
---
GT/PSN: Focian-
Like Archery? Try Here http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/962934-archery/64399091
#27shawnmckPosted 11/19/2012 10:10:35 AM
Probably because Halo & CoD make good baby-sitters.
Well, not really, but the parents think that they are.
#28pothocketPosted 11/19/2012 10:11:54 AM
Because even when muted, children still play like children. I'm an advocate of good sportsmanship and fair play. So it does bother me if a team gets stuck with children that can't be bothered to play correctly. Children have made it virtually impossible to get a serious game of versus going in Left 4 Dead 1 & 2. Play some MP game with large teams and have two children on the same team? Well, now it's 8 vs 6. Good luck with that.

Children. Suck. And muting them is treating the symptom, not the disease.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#29IvanKozlovPosted 11/19/2012 10:15:34 AM
stapler87 posted...
I never understood everyone's hate for children being in multiplayer games... especially when the mute function comes in to play.

As long as I don't have to hear you, I don't give a **** who you are, how old you are, or where you come from.

Exactly.
---
I'll not stop moving forward. I'll not regret a single step I had taken. That's why...I order you...Do not betray me! And do not leave my side! No matter what.
#30FocianPosted 11/19/2012 10:16:22 AM
pothocket posted...
Because even when muted, children still play like children. I'm an advocate of good sportsmanship and fair play. So it does bother me if a team gets stuck with children that can't be bothered to play correctly. Children have made it virtually impossible to get a serious game of versus going in Left 4 Dead 1 & 2. Play some MP game with large teams and have two children on the same team? Well, now it's 8 vs 6. Good luck with that.

Children. Suck. And muting them is treating the symptom, not the disease.

And if they never have any experience with online games, till.... say, 21, then you'll have a smeg load of 21 year olds who do not have any of the team based capabilities that you are wanting to see.

Let them practise, let them get better at the game.

Personally (and I am not saying that others should see it like this) but someone's attitude is *so* much more important than their skill level, and I have met a few mature kids playing in the past. I would say that largely depends on what you play though. Give a go at some deep games that emphasise the use of voice based communication.
---
GT/PSN: Focian-
Like Archery? Try Here http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/962934-archery/64399091