This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Seriously how come there are many children in COD and Halo online?

#31GeistPosted 11/19/2012 10:20:10 AM
Why do I get the feeling the TC is 14 years old...?
---
Currently playing : Minecraft 360
#32ChemicalReaperPosted 11/19/2012 10:46:09 AM
We need an extension of Rockstar's system from Max Payne 3: take all the LOL QUIKSCOPERZ!!1, stick them on their own dedicated server; take all the kids, stick them on their own dedicated server; do the same for the hackers, too. Let them play against people with similar maturity levels and regard for the game; and let the rest of us play in peace.
#33sonicteam2k1Posted 11/19/2012 10:55:11 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Perfect Light posted...
Because 360s are great babysitters.

This is the topic winner.

Far too many parents buy their kids game systems to substitute for a real babysitter, then they have the gall to whine on the TV news about the M rated games their kids are playing.....games they bought for the kids themselves.

---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#34popping4itPosted 11/19/2012 11:11:32 AM(edited)
this outcry about underage gamers ultimately stems from the complainer being bad at games and having an inferiority complex. they often will try to redirect and say that the "real" reason is because of other factors.

rather than getting better they cry and tell these "kids" to get off the game. its truly a pathetic sight to see.

this may be a shock to you but you were a kid once and you used to play videogames and they were M rated if you had the chance so chill the **** out. its weird how internet anonymity causes some people to become detached from their own realities that they fail to even see things from a realistic perspective.
---
Still hoping for a Shenmue 3.
#35pothocketPosted 11/19/2012 11:17:16 AM
popping4it posted...
this outcry about underage gamers ultimately stems from the complainer being bad at games and having an inferiority complex. they often will try to redirect and say that the "real" reason is because of other factors.

rather than getting better they cry and tell these "kids" to get off the game. its truly a pathetic sight to see.

this may be a shock to you but you were a kid once and you used to play videogames and they were M rated if you had the chance so chill the **** out. its weird how internet anonymity causes some people to become detached from their own realities that they fail to even see things from a realistic perspective.

The perfect punch-line to your joke of a post. Gets my vote for unintentional irony of the day.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#36phillyeagles123Posted 11/19/2012 11:42:19 AM
ChemicalReaper posted...
We need an extension of Rockstar's system from Max Payne 3: take all the LOL QUIKSCOPERZ!!1, stick them on their own dedicated server; take all the kids, stick them on their own dedicated server; do the same for the hackers, too. Let them play against people with similar maturity levels and regard for the game; and let the rest of us play in peace.

Why other games don't do this is beyond me.
#37SHIBBYMANPosted 11/19/2012 11:48:40 AM
Because people don't want to deal with their kids, so they buy them this to "babysit"
---
JackAttack6586 I KILL ALL GINGERS IN FALLOUT 3
Every day I wear a bandana for unlimited ammo
#38gorypaldin2Posted 11/19/2012 11:51:32 AM
I think a lot has to do with the parents trusting their kids and just not being educated about video games in general.

I work in a video game store on the weekends for extra cash and on saturday a dad came into the store with two children under 10 years old. One of the children told me that they had come looking for Black Ops 2 for his older brother.

I grabbed the display box and passed it over to the father. I asked who the game was for and he said his 10 year old son who was not present at the time. I just encouraged him to read the rating information on the back of the box and he told me he wasn't going to take it because it was too violent for kids.

Imo parents just need to inform themselves and dont let your children dictate their entertainment to you.
---
The mods know where they can go
#39SoF-RamboPosted 11/19/2012 12:03:51 PM
Focian posted...
pothocket posted...
Because even when muted, children still play like children. I'm an advocate of good sportsmanship and fair play. So it does bother me if a team gets stuck with children that can't be bothered to play correctly. Children have made it virtually impossible to get a serious game of versus going in Left 4 Dead 1 & 2. Play some MP game with large teams and have two children on the same team? Well, now it's 8 vs 6. Good luck with that.

Children. Suck. And muting them is treating the symptom, not the disease.

And if they never have any experience with online games, till.... say, 21, then you'll have a smeg load of 21 year olds who do not have any of the team based capabilities that you are wanting to see.

Let them practise, let them get better at the game.

No. They're ruining my Battlefield experience by not PTFO.

Thank the lord these kids don't seem to like R6. One of the few games out there that I can actually enjoy.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier
Current Most Played : Mass Effect 3, Sleeping Dogs, Battlefield 3, and WWE 12.
#40LottoStudPosted 11/19/2012 12:08:34 PM
ZosKiaCultus posted...
Because little kids like bad games.

---
Two shots of whatever