This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Seriously how come there are many children in COD and Halo online?

#41BansDontWorkPosted 11/19/2012 11:10:19 AM
Children are our future war fighters. This can only be a good thing
---
I feast on that control method you call Karma.
#42Super CreaturesPosted 11/19/2012 11:32:49 AM
So, why ***** about kids, but completely avoid the fact that many, many, many more immature adults exist on Live than kids, some of which are more mature than those of you *****ing about them playing M-rated games?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#43EliteGuard99Posted 11/19/2012 11:36:43 AM
Because they are now both one in the same, COD is Halo, and Halo is COD.
---
"I like my weapons how I like my music, HEAVY and METAL! - Mordekaiser
#44Overlord9011Posted 11/19/2012 11:38:20 AM
It's because all the kids want to be cool and "mature", and Nintendo games are obviously for kids.
---
Final Fantasy I-V were great games (IV being the best), VI was... okay?, VII... Meh. I gave up at VIII.
#45pothocketPosted 11/19/2012 11:42:27 AM
Super Creatures posted...
So, why ***** about kids, but completely avoid the fact that many, many, many more immature adults exist on Live than kids, some of which are more mature than those of you *****ing about them playing M-rated games?

Because, as has been pointed out in this very topic over and over again, you can mute immature people but you can't force children to care about the objective. Also, it's not immature to express the viewpoint of not wanting to play with children.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#46Runner_stylePosted 11/19/2012 11:51:15 AM
Because CoD in the long run is cheaper than a babysitter.
---
Remember kiddies, your opinion isn't fact. If someone disagrees with your opinion quit crying, get over it.
#47popping4itPosted 11/19/2012 11:56:52 AM
pothocket posted...
The perfect punch-line to your joke of a post. Gets my vote for unintentional irony of the day.

lol such a tryhard introvert looking desperately to make sense of his crumbling reality. you were wrong and there is a whole thread of people saying you are. stay in your bubble and keep fooling yourself into believing your nonsense.
---
Still hoping for a Shenmue 3.
#48pothocketPosted 11/19/2012 11:59:40 AM
popping4it posted...
pothocket posted...
The perfect punch-line to your joke of a post. Gets my vote for unintentional irony of the day.

lol such a tryhard introvert looking desperately to make sense of his crumbling reality. you were wrong and there is a whole thread of people saying you are. stay in your bubble and keep fooling yourself into believing your nonsense.

LOL ok. Will do.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#49SunDevil77Posted 11/19/2012 12:06:56 PM
pothocket posted...
Because even when muted, children still play like children. I'm an advocate of good sportsmanship and fair play. So it does bother me if a team gets stuck with children that can't be bothered to play correctly. Children have made it virtually impossible to get a serious game of versus going in Left 4 Dead 1 & 2. Play some MP game with large teams and have two children on the same team? Well, now it's 8 vs 6. Good luck with that.

Children. Suck. And muting them is treating the symptom, not the disease.

Are you kidding?
These kids that play often times are way more skilled than the people who are actually old enough to play the games because they got nothing to do when they get home from school, so they get like 7 hours a day to get good.

Yes, there are some kids who make it difficult to play seriously, but that is a minority of the group, I've found.
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
#50Undead587Posted 11/19/2012 12:13:48 PM
Dealing with stupid people is part of life. Unfortunately, it's not unique to children. There are plenty of adults that are just as obnoxious as the kids on xbox live.

My solution to the problem? I stopped playing shooters on consoles. I joined up with like-minded people on the various PC games I've played in an effort to avoid annoying people. PC games, at least in my experience, have *slightly* smarter players since most require a bit of knowledge about PCs, including both software and hardware aspects. Still yet, you have to join a guild, clan, etc. to avoid annoying people.