This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: Do you think the new Xbox console will support Blu-Ray?

#11TravarkothPosted 11/19/2012 4:16:07 PM
Apparently my sarcasm wasn't clear enough.

In their defense, it's very hard to sense sarcasm on the internet most of the time. :P

But I think they either will use, or invent a new type of disc. Perhaps use Holographic Discs? I think they can store up to 1 TB. May be a bit excessive with that much, though?
---
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"
-- Paarthurnax --
#12mrhappyguy12345Posted 11/19/2012 4:17:47 PM
I believe there are plenty of rumors stating that the 720 will use bluray. Plus it is pretty much going to be the market standard. I doubt ms will spend the time and money developing a new disc format when they can just use bluray. Especially after whatever money they lost with their investment in Hd dvd.
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#13DAH_Joe(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 4:36:37 PM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
I believe there are plenty of rumors stating that the 720 will use bluray. Plus it is pretty much going to be the market standard. I doubt ms will spend the time and money developing a new disc format when they can just use bluray. Especially after whatever money they lost with their investment in Hd dvd.

Neither the Wii or Wii U never allowed CDs or DVDs... Don't think blu-ray is a market standard...
---
Check profile for contacts.
#14Reel_Big_MikePosted 11/19/2012 4:46:54 PM
99% Yes. I really can't think of a scenario where it wouldn't. They won't make a proprietary type of media and they won't use DVDs again. I really doubt MS cares about giving what is likely about a fraction of a penny per disc they make to Sony (along with dozens of other companies).
#15DankumaPosted 11/19/2012 4:49:34 PM
DAH_Joe posted...

Neither the Wii or Wii U never allowed CDs or DVDs... Don't think blu-ray is a market standard...

It's also not a good idea to think just because Nintendo doesn't do something that it's not market standards. Nintendo follows Nintendo's rules, and it's pretty clear that's a sinking ship. That worked for them for a very long time, but they're being crushed.

I mean, Sony grew to what it was BECAUSE of a Nintendo fail.
---
I'm an aspiring author, and here is my blog:
http://johnpaulroth.blogspot.com/
#16RedFive3Posted 11/19/2012 4:50:20 PM
Sony pays fees to MS for Windows on Viao PC's, so it is not far fetched that MS would do the same for Blu-Ray.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#17IroncondorzPosted 11/19/2012 4:51:09 PM
MS has a hand in Bluray too.
---
GameFAQs it's like fantasy football, only with games and consoles.
Support: Rising Star Games and Akai Katana (Cave)
#18mrhappyguy12345Posted 11/19/2012 5:13:50 PM
DAH_Joe posted...

Sorry, that wasn't what I meant I guess. More that games are becoming larger in size and require more space, so blu ray is the easiest and most likely cheapest route to take.
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#19WinternovaPosted 11/19/2012 5:18:07 PM
DAH_Joe posted...

Actually both of them never allowed CDs or DVDs. ;-) Despite that, Blu-ray will be the industry standard; Nintendo's just lagging 10 years behind the rest of the industry again.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#20Dragon NexusPosted 11/19/2012 5:35:11 PM
Well Sony does own bluray

You shut the hell up! You shut the hell up right now

*sigh*.
Damn instigators doin all dat instigatin'.

Anyway, if they don't use Blu Ray, they'll use something very similar. I find it highly unlikely they'll use a plain old DVD again.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln