This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did Microsoft stop making original Xbox games backward's compatible since 07

#1DAH_JoePosted 11/19/2012 4:41:24 PM
It sucks, there are a lot of games that Microsoft forgot about making it to the list....

At least they got a lot of the good Xbox games.
---
Check profile for contacts.
#2SoincMetalPosted 11/19/2012 4:43:29 PM
I don't know maybe it costed them money to do it and the realized thats not what the wanted to spend money on? I know because i the good games aren't BC.....weird moves by MS.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#3VandelayIncPosted 11/19/2012 4:51:14 PM
not sure, but i think hd remakes have something to do with it.
#4WinternovaPosted 11/19/2012 5:05:56 PM
It just wasn't worth the money to make the games playable - emulation isn't easy to do just one generation later. :-)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#5_OujiDoza_Posted 11/19/2012 5:21:35 PM
It just wasn't worth the money to make the games playable - emulation isn't easy to do just one generation later. :-)

To be exact, Invidia was entitled to royalties since they provided the chip for original XBOX, and their royalties weren't cheap...not even in the least.

Simply put Invidia charged M$ our of the ass for rights to emulate the old games and after a while M$ just wasn't having any of that.

***note: I only type M$ because I don't feel like typing the whole thing out. Don't like it? **** you :P
---
GT: PrinceDoZeR
http://is.gd/vVHjV1
#6glassghost0Posted 11/19/2012 5:23:25 PM
_OujiDoza_ posted...

To be exact, Invidia was entitled to royalties since they provided the chip for original XBOX, and their royalties weren't cheap...not even in the least.

Simply put Invidia charged M$ our of the ass for rights to emulate the old games and after a while M$ just wasn't having any of that.

***note: I only type M$ because I don't feel like typing the whole thing out. Don't like it? **** you :P

lazy *******
---
Signature OFF
#7WinternovaPosted 11/19/2012 5:24:09 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8popping4itPosted 11/19/2012 5:24:19 PM
why provide a benefit when you can be a scumbag like sony and piece meal each bc game and sell at a profit.
---
Still hoping for a Shenmue 3.
#9_OujiDoza_Posted 11/19/2012 5:28:51 PM
Anyone who uses that "abbreviation" of Microsoft deserves a permanent place on everyone's ignore list for being a complete douchebag.

You should be the first to enact this new rule of yours :)
---
GT: PrinceDoZeR
http://is.gd/vVHjV1
#10randomweirdoPosted 11/19/2012 5:30:27 PM
_OujiDoza_ posted...

And you can't just type MS?