This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would You Care If Microsoft's Next Gen Console Is...

#1KID VIDPosted 11/19/2012 5:07:53 PM
...backwards compatible (assuming they release a next gen console)? Why or why not?
Me, personally, I wouldn't care. It's not like I want to buy a next gen console to play last gen games. That doesn't make too much sense to me. I don't think many people got upset when they couldn't play their NES games on the new SNES.
I really feel like the gamers of this generation are getting a little bit too spoiled for their own good. What's your opinion?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#2ktownslayer16Posted 11/19/2012 5:12:28 PM
It wont prevent me from buying the next Xbox but I'd like it if it was backwards compatible. I collect games and it's always nice to go back and play the classics
---
lol Bryzgalov
#3TravarkothPosted 11/19/2012 5:13:11 PM
It'd be great if it was Backwards Compatible with the Xbox 360.
---
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"
-- Paarthurnax --
#4KID VID(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 5:16:52 PM
Yeah, it'd be great, but will it be a deal breaker? From what I've read on these boards over the time is, if the next console isn't backward compatible, they're going to pass on it. It sounds silly to me.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#5gambit444Posted 11/19/2012 5:21:04 PM
I would prob get it eventually but it would prob be a year or so after launch. Too many good games on the 360 that im sure i wont have caught up by then. When they stop releasing new games is when ill start catching up.

I cant imagine it not having bc though. On every level, it would not make sense to have it. Confirmed continuing gamerscore. Kinect 2.0 not playing older kinect games? I would adopt much earlier if i knew i could trade in my 360 for credit & still be catching up.
---
Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald,
#6ZosKiaCultusPosted 11/19/2012 5:24:13 PM
I hope it at least plays XBLA titles.
---
http://i.minus.com/iyi2ItPQPd3Pm.gif Marn liiiiike
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided
#7TravarkothPosted 11/19/2012 5:25:33 PM
Yeah, it'd be great, but will it be a deal breaker?

Nope.
---
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"
-- Paarthurnax --
#8osboesPosted 11/19/2012 5:48:33 PM
Hello to all the people this side of the boards!

Yes I care. I am somebody who hasn't actually owned any xbox or 360 systems at all (though I did have an xbox in my household, borrowed a 360 a few times so I know they are good systems).

If the next xbox was completely BC with xbox and 360 games then that would be a very good deal breaker for me. In fact, an almost undeniably good offer to refuse. Three system libraries in one machine. For people that have already got those two systems hooked up, I can understand why it's not needed for them. Nor should they care. For me though, it's a deal-breaker.
#9_OujiDoza_Posted 11/19/2012 5:49:52 PM
I'd like it, but I would probably also have/buy a slim model too just in case...should be cheap enough by that time.
---
GT: PrinceDoZeR
http://is.gd/vVHjV1
#10mrhappyguy12345Posted 11/19/2012 5:52:17 PM
ZosKiaCultus posted...
I hope it at least plays XBLA titles.

That's all I ask for. Bc isn't really make or break for me. It's nice to have but I don't understand those who get all raged up if it isn't a feature. I would rather not have it and pay less for a console.
---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?