This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would You Care If Microsoft's Next Gen Console Is...

#11FFTHEWINNERPosted 11/19/2012 5:00:12 PM
osboes posted...
Hello to all the people this side of the boards!

Yes I care. I am somebody who hasn't actually owned any xbox or 360 systems at all (though I did have an xbox in my household, borrowed a 360 a few times so I know they are good systems).

If the next xbox was completely BC with xbox and 360 games then that would be a very good deal breaker for me. In fact, an almost undeniably good offer to refuse. Three system libraries in one machine. For people that have already got those two systems hooked up, I can understand why it's not needed for them. Nor should they care. For me though, it's a deal-breaker.

it is impossible for the 720 to be BC with Xbox1 games(by official means at least,as i hope for the same thing that happened with xbox1 and psp to happen again,if you catch my draft ;). 360 BC is almost guarenteed though.

As For me,BC would be a big plus but not a deal breaker.
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#12oasisbeyondPosted 11/19/2012 5:01:59 PM
I think bc is cool, but if you sold your system then you didn't really care about the older games. That's the way I look at it. I see a lot of people here say... how come this isn't bc or that... Then why did you sell your Xbox if it was so important to you. I love old games, but I find that I barely ever play them anymore even though I wish all consoles had bc.

Wiiu for example isn't cube bc, so I'll plug my old cube instead of my wii. Bc is cool, but it doesn't mean anything for most. ps3 should be bc though, cuz they are screwing owners, considering it plays games fine...
#13Shinobi120Posted 11/19/2012 7:00:49 PM
I think that BC for all 360 games & XBLA games on the next Xbox console have a much better chance happening more so than BC for PS3 games on PS4, due to Sony most likely getting rid of the cell processor inside of the PS3.
#14drteeth3Posted 11/19/2012 7:23:17 PM
It wouldnt be a deal killer but it sure would make it more appealing. I love backwards compatibility and I would be a bit disappointed if the next xbox didnt have it. Heck my sega genesis was backward compatible with my master system.
#15ateballPosted 11/19/2012 11:48:35 PM
BC seems almost like a necessity at the beginning of a new console generation but after the first 2 years once the newer generation has become standard, its really all up to choice.

I hated that the 360 wasn't fully backwards compatible when I first got one but if you asked me from '07 and after, I couldn't really care less.
---
Now Playing: Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Deus Ex: HR, Arkham City
PSN: 96VTECGSR XBL: KrimzonSlash326
#16ateballPosted 11/20/2012 12:05:14 AM
So to answer the question, basically what I'm saying is that if I plan on being an early adopter of the next gen Xbox/PS4, then BC will only help persuade me to buy one...if I wait a few years once the great games start pumping out and the current generation dies, then screw it. Remove the BC and lower the price.
---
Now Playing: Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Deus Ex: HR, Arkham City
PSN: 96VTECGSR XBL: KrimzonSlash326
#17ajzootPosted 11/20/2012 5:36:12 AM
I don't think there's much chance of that happening... but it would be a total deal breaker....
---
They say cooking is about experimenting, but no matter how many drugs I take it still tastes like crap...It needs more LSD, It doesn't taste loud enough yet.
#18knightimexPosted 11/20/2012 5:56:49 AM
I would be completely OK if it wasn't BC.
At least we know the hardware would be used for something new and not from 8 years ago.
---
Knightime X was a cool guy until he was exposed to GameFAQS radiation. He'll never be the same again!
#19rofflchopperPosted 11/20/2012 6:01:23 AM
I'd like it to be backwards compatible, but I don't expect it to be.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#20nothingbeastPosted 11/20/2012 6:14:02 AM
It's not a major selling point for me, but it is something I want to see.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.