This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ways to improve the video game industry.

#11shawnmckPosted 11/19/2012 6:15:31 PM
Jamanjax posted...
Shut the **** up.

^ This !

You have no right to say that you know what's right for the video-game industry any better than those who run it now.
Otherwise, put your money where your mouth is and develop your own game and see how difficult it can be. (put up or shut up)

It is very arrogant of anyone to think that they can do a better job.
The market works....people buy what they want & don't buy what they don't like.
Nothing tells the Developers & Publishers what is acceptable & what isn't more than where you decide to put your money.
And nobody is forcing anyone else to buy anything that they don't want.

Don't like FPS or CoD clones...well too F'n bad, because a LOT of people do, and who the hell are you to say that they are wrong ?
You are not king, dictator, nor warlord to have that power, and you couldn't even run a lemonade stand let alone decide what is best for the video-game industry.

What is best for the industry...?
Freedom of CHOICE.
But some of you want to force your views onto the rest of us.
#12kingwutuguPosted 11/19/2012 8:33:14 PM
not many have a will of their own any more, the hidden messages in COD control many lives, same thing with facebook and the apps on peoples cell phones.
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#13the_great_tidusPosted 11/19/2012 8:38:00 PM
Jamanjax posted...
Shut the **** up.

get rid of immature fans like this would be a good start. I feel that having these geeky internet meme spouting kids as a fanbase is what hurts gaming the most.
---
Most Anticipated Games - Yakuza 5, Ni No Kuni, The Last of Us, Beyond, Castlevania LOS2, Bioshock Infinite, God of War Ascension, and FFX HD.
#14MR_SorenPosted 11/19/2012 8:39:26 PM
After reading #1, I thought this might prove interesting, but you went completely off the rails on #2. Stating facts as opinion, attempting to belittle some classic games, and just sounding like an arrogant lunatic.

Also, the writing in Super Paper Mario is a total disaster, along with the rest of the game. Here's a great write-up about that:

http://red-grenade.com/show-and-tell/
---
Blog: .............. http://red-grenade.com
Gamertag: .... rjcarello
#15Bloodmoon77Posted 11/19/2012 8:42:06 PM
I approve of many of these points but nothing will happen because people are sheep and buy the same **** over and over and don't give games that actually deserve credibility a chance. Enjoy your cod clones.
---
"A man chooses, a slave obeys."-Andrew Ryan
#16_OujiDoza_Posted 11/19/2012 8:44:56 PM
What is best for the industry...?
Freedom of CHOICE.
But some of you want to force your views onto the rest of us.

You contradicted your whole point by posting this crap at the end...

He was clearly exhibiting his freedom of choice, and speech. Opinion or not, it was his.

Do you even know what you are talking about?
---
GT: PrinceDoZeR
http://is.gd/vVHjV1
#17Gwildor123Posted 11/19/2012 8:54:11 PM
NO the first guy was not Dragoneer Zero, turns out it is Jamanjax sounds Jamaican,

He is the first Jamaican kid on this board and that is ok. Maybe a Jamaican that is a can of JAX from Mortal Kombat.
#18HeiedonoPosted 11/19/2012 9:11:06 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#19Mako_eyesPosted 11/19/2012 9:35:25 PM
Termination of Activision
Termination of Electronic Arts
Termination of Microsoft
Termination of Square-Enix
Termination of stock exchange
#20mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 9:36:05 PM
MR_Soren posted...
After reading #1, I thought this might prove interesting, but you went completely off the rails on #2. Stating facts as opinion, attempting to belittle some classic games, and just sounding like an arrogant lunatic.

Also, the writing in Super Paper Mario is a total disaster, along with the rest of the game. Here's a great write-up about that:

http://red-grenade.com/show-and-tell/

He hated the game as it just started... yeah... sure, that is a fair view now isn't it! He is going to look at it with non biased eyes and say what needs to be said!

Oh wait... he isn't. That guy sounds more like some video game hater like Zero Punctuation... but without being funny or famous.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.