This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

help with signing in/out

#1phantasyPosted 11/19/2012 7:58:44 PM
this has been in the back of my head for some time but never really bother me but i would like to know how do you "log in" to your xbox without going online?

sounds confusing? I know... So when i turn on my xbox, it automatically logs me into xbox live. I play a game then when I want to just play a game offline, and when I sign out. It kicks me back to the title screen saying I cant save my game if I continue. I must sign in if I want to use a save file or can save the game. But when I sign in, I sign into live and back online again.

right now to get over this I turn off my router to force a disconnect.
---
[This message was FORCEFULLY deleted by a moderator or administrator]
#2randomweirdoPosted 11/19/2012 8:14:50 PM
Basically if you can connect, it's going to sign in with Xbox Live. If it doesn't, that means something is wrong.

So you basically just need to come up with a way to ensure it will fail to connect. Like try to connect to a network that you cannot connect to (like a neighbor's secured network). Or if you have security, input the wrong key. You can always go in to Network Settings and adjust for when you do wish to connect. Alternatively, you could block via your router, but that would be more of a pain to set up.

Just keep in mind that achievements and such earned offline won't be backed up until you sign in again, so if your profile gets corrupted or something, you could lose achievements and gamerscore earned and what it shows on xbox.com won't be the same as the console.
#3phantasy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 8:21:07 PM
that kinda sucks was hoping there would be an easier way. looks like its keep turning off router to force a disconnect whenever i want to play offline. thank you though
---
[This message was FORCEFULLY deleted by a moderator or administrator]
#4Dagoth_WitPosted 11/19/2012 9:13:16 PM
Or just remove the vable from the back of the box.
---
Maybe God made a monkey that doesn't like to think it's a monkey and lies a lot.
#5ObtikPosted 11/19/2012 9:19:20 PM
Lol yeah just unplug the ethernet cable from the Xbox, you'll sign in offline
---
XBL GT: l Mentu l
#6randomweirdoPosted 11/19/2012 9:19:26 PM
Dagoth_Wit posted...
Or just remove the vable from the back of the box.

Only works if it's not a slim. I don't have any cables connected to my slim, it still signs me in automatically. One drawback to internal wireless.