This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SquareEnix is really dumb and gonna go bankrupt soon unless they remake FF7

#11FiyunPosted 11/20/2012 4:00:23 AM
The expectations from fans could crush SE, since they would be in a ”Miller, the son and the donkey-scenario“.

It would be the second coming of Spirits Within if executed the wrong way... @_@
---
http://www.backloggery.com/trashknight
#12cup_a_soupPosted 11/20/2012 4:10:50 AM
cup_a_soup posted...
Final Fantasy 7 has aged terribly outside of the graphics department, and needs a complete overhaul (think Tomb Raider Anniversary)

Not worth the hassle.

What? It's fine. And when people mean remake, they of course mean upgrades in every category.

No, it really, really isn't. It's a very dull game to play in its current state. Take it from someone who loves the genre, and even enjoys Final Fantasy 1, but had to force himself to get to the end of disc one of Final Fantasy 7, and lacked the interest/willpower to change discs.
#13DarkSymbiotePosted 11/20/2012 4:12:52 AM
cup_a_soup posted...
cup_a_soup posted...
Final Fantasy 7 has aged terribly outside of the graphics department, and needs a complete overhaul (think Tomb Raider Anniversary)

Not worth the hassle.

What? It's fine. And when people mean remake, they of course mean upgrades in every category.

No, it really, really isn't. It's a very dull game to play in its current state. Take it from someone who loves the genre, and even enjoys Final Fantasy 1, but had to force himself to get to the end of disc one of Final Fantasy 7, and lacked the interest/willpower to change discs.

I just beat it in 2010. The current state is fine. Games don't need to be updated throughout the times like Star Wars. People need to have a different mindset. Like knowing that it was out in 1997.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#14popping4itPosted 11/20/2012 4:18:55 AM(edited)
I think Yoichi Wada said that if they remake ff7 they would essentially be admitting to themselves and others that they are incapable of making a game better than FF7.

its sorta commendable considering most ceos idiotically only think of the short term only to sabotage themselves and the company for the future.
---
Still hoping for a Shenmue 3.
#15OkikurmiPosted 11/20/2012 4:30:09 AM
oh god i hope they don't remake it. The game is fine as it is and SE will just mess it up.
---
I...am...Alexander. Tremble...before me... Worship...my greatness... I shall ascend to the heavens...
#16NakratosPosted 11/20/2012 5:07:37 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
I just beat it in 2010. The current state is fine. Games don't need to be updated throughout the times like Star Wars. People need to have a different mindset. Like knowing that it was out in 1997.

And that's why playing the game in 2012 makes it feel outdated, you have to remind yourself to be lenient because it's a 1997 game. This can't-- or shouldn't-- happen on a remake, so they would have to make it feel "modern" by updating several aspects of the game.
#17sonicteam2k1Posted 11/20/2012 5:12:44 AM
KCJ5062 posted...
SavageDonzilla posted...
They won't do it because fans of FFVII have this unobtainable image of what a remake would be and would hound them when it didn't meet their lofty expectations. I'd rather them make FFXV than remake a 7.5/10 game.

This. Even if a remake actually turned out to be pretty good and had mostly positive reception, there will be someone complaining about something. There's no pleasing everyone.

there is going to be people complaining regardless if it's made or not. they cannot do any worse than putting the garbage out they have been as of late.

square doesn't like money, plain and simple.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#18cup_a_soupPosted 11/20/2012 5:17:00 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...

And that's why playing the game in 2012 makes it feel outdated, you have to remind yourself to be lenient because it's a 1997 game. This can't-- or shouldn't-- happen on a remake, so they would have to make it feel "modern" by updating several aspects of the game.

This. If you have to remind yourself that the game came out in 1997 constantly, then the game has aged badly.

Only a few games don't feel horribly outdated these days, and they're mostly 2D games, bullet hell's and puzzle games. RPGs, Shooters, racers and a bunch of other genres however have evolved massively the past 15 years.
#19MestizoFreakPosted 11/20/2012 5:22:58 AM
They did re-release it on PSN and PC via digital distribution. They cannot port it to Wii/Wii-U/360 because Sony has claimed the rights to the game's graphical specs.

They've also said that the Final Fantasy series must live on. If they do remake Final Fantasy 7, it will take about 8-10 years in development to rebuild it from scratch, and they said, once they do, the series will end, as they feel "anything that passed Final Fantasy 7 will seem more pointless than it needs to be". If the fans want Final Fantasy 7, they will have to cope with it going out with a bang as the series' swan song.
#20cup_a_soupPosted 11/20/2012 5:31:19 AM
They did re-release it on PSN and PC via digital distribution. They cannot port it to Wii/Wii-U/360 because Sony has claimed the rights to the game's graphical specs.

They've also said that the Final Fantasy series must live on. If they do remake Final Fantasy 7, it will take about 8-10 years in development to rebuild it from scratch, and they said, once they do, the series will end, as they feel "anything that passed Final Fantasy 7 will seem more pointless than it needs to be". If the fans want Final Fantasy 7, they will have to cope with it going out with a bang as the series' swan song.

And that is a load of nonsense. Why would Final Fantasy 7 take 8-10 years of development now? All the concept art and storyline has been done already. That's just Square being lazy. A remake is entirely possible, but it's just unwise to do it since the fanbase will inevitably find SOMETHING wrong with it.