This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SquareEnix is really dumb and gonna go bankrupt soon unless they remake FF7

#101Pueojit2Posted 11/20/2012 2:04:27 PM
They will never make it because it would take 5 years to remake a 15 year old game instead of something totally new
#102ArcFan10000Posted 11/20/2012 2:11:12 PM
hotgamer posted...
If they remade it, Square-Enix as it is would end up destroying it, so they shouldn't touch it. Also not to be a fanboy or anything, but if they remade it, it would only be for a Sony console, this would never touch xbox or any nintendo console .SCEA having some of the publishing rights for the NA version and SCEE in Europe for the ps1 version makes it impossible to leave Sony's side for now, especially since they still sell the game on PSN.

Exactly. With Sony having the rights to that game I dont see a remake anytime soon. And you people are right they would ruin it anyhow.
---
Favs: Xenogears, Phantasy Star, Star Ocean, Arc the Lad, Tales of Destiny 2, Suikoden, Final Fantasy
Playing:Tales of Vesperia on 360, Tales of Graces f
#103HHerbyPosted 11/20/2012 2:11:19 PM
I have said this lots of times. And I will keep saying it. WHY IS EVERYONE SO OBSESSED OVER FF7?! WHY NOT GIVE FF 5 AND / OR 6 A CHANCE FOR A REMAKE?!
#104BliztkreigPosted 11/20/2012 2:12:36 PM
I think they should make one remake. Because i being unfortunate enough to have been born after the fact would really like to play it ,and its impossible to find a copy anywhere
#105wheresatariPosted 11/20/2012 2:21:43 PM
There is a topic somewhere that states that SE's profits nearly tripled b/c of Deus Ex and FF XIII, so...
---
I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no man comes to the Father except by Me.
-The Lord Jesus Christ. John 14 verse 6.
#106JCtheArchangelPosted 11/20/2012 2:53:28 PM
HHerby posted...
I have said this lots of times. And I will keep saying it. WHY IS EVERYONE SO OBSESSED OVER FF7?! WHY NOT GIVE FF 5 AND / OR 6 A CHANCE FOR A REMAKE?!

This was one of the few statements made on this thread that was actually logical. I played through 5 and some of 6 before having to put it away cause I was just so tired of old graphics, but in spite of that they're both really great games I'd love to see modernized. FF7 is still playable, these two really aren't... Though the story and gameplay foundations are quite solid and could make for great games if handled correctly.

Though I would hope they'd work on FF5's story and characters a little... that had room for improvement...
---
Good: Skyrim, Blizzard games, Star Oceans, Final Fantasy 4-10, Resident Evil 1-6, KoA: Reckoning, Mass Effect
Bad: FF 11+, movie games, 1st person shooters
#107FuzzyJelloPosted 11/20/2012 3:11:57 PM(edited)
Easiest thing to do would be an Ocarina of Time/Combat Evolved Anniversary approach. Just re-texture everything, re-sample the music and sound effects, and recreate the cutscenes with the newer models. Maybe allow for zooming in the camera and an updated soundtrack- that is to say with new music samples, not an over-the-top orchestral recreation. And because it's Square in house the re-texturing options would be far superior to anything PC version modders can pull off.

Of course, that's not what people WANT, but that's the only viable way their going to get it.

HHerby posted...

The problem with FF6 at the very least is that there are a number of segments of it that make absolutely no sense in a realistic 3D environment. Phenomenal game, but transition issues it will have.
#108punnettPosted 11/20/2012 3:11:40 PM
HHerby posted...

Final Fantasy 6 is sort of in the same boat since a lot of people considering 6 to be really, really, really, really, really, Chrono Trigger level awesome.

I think any remakes 6 and up are trump cards and SE is waiting for more time to pass for people to forget more about them. If I were to make a remake of a game, even if there is a large demand from people who've played the original, I'd like to wait until people who's never had a change to play the original get into the market.
---
FC: 4425-5121-3903 Name: Andy Town:Town
#109SandOnMyBootPosted 11/20/2012 3:20:12 PM
Square could develop the most faithful remake possible, and it would still come up short. Back then, the game's many flaws went under the radar (in large part due to being the first RPG ever for most gamers). Nowadays, with the average gamer having more experience, the problems would be far more noticeable. Age does not excuse an incoherent, plot-hole filled, contradictory story or horrific character development. Nor does it excuse a broken battle system. To someone going in with no standards, it might seem cool. To someone with standards and previous experience, it'll most likely fall flat, but the fanboys will probably shove all the blame on the fact that it's a remake rather than those problems existing in the first place. EVERYTHING would require a massive overhaul (including the plot and characters) for a remake to live up to expectations.

That being said, I would still rather see an FF7 remake be made than another freaking FFXIII game.
#110VasDeferensPosted 11/20/2012 3:31:10 PM
FF7 gameplay but just upgrade the Minecraft character models to the models used in Spirits Within, maybe the same voice actors too ? Is that too much to ask ?
---
Nobody believes the official spokesman but everybody trusts an unidentified source .