This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SquareEnix is really dumb and gonna go bankrupt soon unless they remake FF7

#111JukainPosted 11/20/2012 2:32:43 PM
VasDeferens posted...
FF7 gameplay but just upgrade the Minecraft character models to the models used in Spirits Within, maybe the same voice actors too ? Is that too much to ask ?

Already have the upgraded models on the PC version. No voices, but... I couldn't take audible 'this guy are sick' or 'just now this guy goes walked past towards the grassy field' seriously.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#112JukainPosted 11/20/2012 2:32:51 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#113AldathPosted 11/20/2012 4:51:12 PM
I do hope you're right and SE gets over already... Not everything good can go on forever, there's a point where it looses shien and luster, and becomes dull. The golden era of FF came to an end after the glory of the Playstation was taken by the PS2.

PS2 managed to have a couple moderately good FF games, and they were HELLA FUN compared to what XII and XIII-2 have to offer. Both games came into the moment where a game isn't a game unless it's bes content is something you have to buy as DLC or the true ending is locked and have to aquire it with money... It came when RPGs in general won't meassure your dedication and effort, but how much money you invest on them.

There have been WAY better RPGs out there (Dark Souls, Xenoblade, even Skyrim...), maybe overated, but nonethless better.

FF has transformed into an idol for hikkikomoris, weabos and otakus. Really, most of the FF fanbase I've known are cosplayers and other sort of things....
---
"imagine if Metallica got together with the Power Rangers and the coolest kids in school and had a party in your mouth, and you were invited" THE_WIND
#114randomweirdoPosted 11/20/2012 8:18:37 PM
No, I'm sick and tired of Square/Enix milking its fans for more cash without creating a decent product. And FF7 is probably one of the most hideous games of the series. That plot was all over the place, it was far too grind happy for a game of its time.

The game is just highly overrated and definitely not the best game ever.
#115deimos91Posted 11/20/2012 9:02:34 PM
GSWarriors- posted...
I really don't understand why they don't do this. Millions of fans want a FF7 remake, SE is making crappy ass FF games (just look at the last few FF games with the girl), and the only good FF they can release now would be a remake of FF7, FF8, and FF9 because all they need to do is update graphics, add voice overs and they're set to sell a minimum of 20 million copies each because the easy work is already done for them which is the story and gameplay. The only reason I can see why they are waiting is so they can make it on the next gen consoles so games would charge $70 per game.

They are remaking DQ7 Which is way better
---
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2 GHZ|Radeon 4650 512MB|2 GB DDR2 ram/steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#116JCtheArchangelPosted 11/20/2012 10:02:20 PM
I hope Square Enix DOES go out of business so maybe a company that isn't ruled by drunken monkeys can buy the intellectual property and actually do something with it.
---
Good: Skyrim, Blizzard games, Star Oceans, Final Fantasy 4-10, Resident Evil 1-6, KoA: Reckoning, Mass Effect
Bad: FF 11+, movie games, 1st person shooters
#117kingwutuguPosted 11/20/2012 10:43:54 PM
FFT was the only good one in the series, the rest weren't that great, maybe 1-3 but the rest.....
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#118JCtheArchangelPosted 11/21/2012 8:59:21 AM
kingwutugu posted...
FFT was the only good one in the series, the rest weren't that great, maybe 1-3 but the rest.....

Also I am not a credible person to listen to and should be ignored if I ever speak again

Agreed with that second part. :)
---
Good: Skyrim, Blizzard games, Star Oceans, Final Fantasy 4-10, Resident Evil 1-6, KoA: Reckoning, Mass Effect
Bad: FF 11+, movie games, 1st person shooters
#119PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 11/21/2012 9:12:10 AM
Didn't read the thread, just came to say that Squeenix is FAR from going bankrupt. That is just a laughable statement from someone with little understanding. Or a troll. Whatever.

And that is why there is no FF7 remake. Maybe that's their final plan for being saved when they finally do go under.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#120link0316Posted 11/21/2012 9:26:11 AM
deimos91 posted...
GSWarriors- posted...
I really don't understand why they don't do this. Millions of fans want a FF7 remake, SE is making crappy ass FF games (just look at the last few FF games with the girl), and the only good FF they can release now would be a remake of FF7, FF8, and FF9 because all they need to do is update graphics, add voice overs and they're set to sell a minimum of 20 million copies each because the easy work is already done for them which is the story and gameplay. The only reason I can see why they are waiting is so they can make it on the next gen consoles so games would charge $70 per game.

They are remaking DQ7 Which is way better

No doubt.
---
GT : Zom6iesRPeople2