This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SquareEnix is really dumb and gonna go bankrupt soon unless they remake FF7

#21DarkSymbiotePosted 11/20/2012 5:31:30 AM
Nakratos posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
I just beat it in 2010. The current state is fine. Games don't need to be updated throughout the times like Star Wars. People need to have a different mindset. Like knowing that it was out in 1997.

And that's why playing the game in 2012 makes it feel outdated, you have to remind yourself to be lenient because it's a 1997 game. This can't-- or shouldn't-- happen on a remake, so they would have to make it feel "modern" by updating several aspects of the game.

Haven't you read my prior posts? I don't want a remake. And a remake must include current features.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#22Vivi0198Posted 11/20/2012 5:45:30 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Nakratos posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
I just beat it in 2010. The current state is fine. Games don't need to be updated throughout the times like Star Wars. People need to have a different mindset. Like knowing that it was out in 1997.

And that's why playing the game in 2012 makes it feel outdated, you have to remind yourself to be lenient because it's a 1997 game. This can't-- or shouldn't-- happen on a remake, so they would have to make it feel "modern" by updating several aspects of the game.

Haven't you read my prior posts? I don't want a remake. And a remake must include current features.

Like?

The only that needs to be updated is the graphics the gameplay is perfectly fine the way it is.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#23NakratosPosted 11/20/2012 5:46:54 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...

Right, sorry, got your message mixed up with coup_a_soup's.
What I mean, anyway, is that I agree that FF7 hasn't aged well.
#24DarkSymbiotePosted 11/20/2012 5:55:23 AM
Vivi0198 posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
Nakratos posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

Like?

The only that needs to be updated is the graphics the gameplay is perfectly fine the way it is.

*has jimmies rustled*

Honestly, I am perfectly fine that if a remake is made, then only the visuals would need to take an upgrade and better cutscenes. By current features I mean just that. No more. The game has very well as far as turn based games go. Some balancing is definitely required.
---
#25OkikurmiPosted 11/20/2012 6:06:02 AM
FF7 has never felt outdated to me. Sure it doesnt look great now, but that has never botherd me, it even has a sort of charm too it. I can enjoy it today just as much as i did over 10 years ago.
---
I...am...Alexander. Tremble...before me... Worship...my greatness... I shall ascend to the heavens...
#26DarkSymbiotePosted 11/20/2012 6:07:31 AM
Okikurmi posted...
FF7 has never felt outdated to me. Sure it doesnt look great now, but that has never botherd me, it even has a sort of charm too it. I can enjoy it today just as much as i did over 10 years ago.

I love you.
---
#27SoF-RamboPosted 11/20/2012 6:34:59 AM
I just want them to do it and end this pitiful excuse of a series.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier
Current Most Played : Mass Effect 3, Sleeping Dogs, Battlefield 3, and WWE 12.
#28knightimexPosted 11/20/2012 6:51:35 AM
KCJ5062 posted...
This. Even if a remake actually turned out to be pretty good and had mostly positive reception, there will be someone complaining about something. There's no pleasing everyone.

Or make a new final fantasy and have someone complain about something.

No difference.
---
Knightime X was a cool guy until he was exposed to GameFAQS radiation. He'll never be the same again!
#29EvilCactusPosted 11/20/2012 7:00:01 AM
cup_a_soup posted...
They did re-release it on PSN and PC via digital distribution. They cannot port it to Wii/Wii-U/360 because Sony has claimed the rights to the game's graphical specs.

They've also said that the Final Fantasy series must live on. If they do remake Final Fantasy 7, it will take about 8-10 years in development to rebuild it from scratch, and they said, once they do, the series will end, as they feel "anything that passed Final Fantasy 7 will seem more pointless than it needs to be". If the fans want Final Fantasy 7, they will have to cope with it going out with a bang as the series' swan song.

And that is a load of nonsense. Why would Final Fantasy 7 take 8-10 years of development now? All the concept art and storyline has been done already. That's just Square being lazy. A remake is entirely possible, but it's just unwise to do it since the fanbase will inevitably find SOMETHING wrong with it.

The concept art and storyline are irrelevant, and hardly took much time in the first place. You can't just drop a PS1 game into a magical HD filter and expect it to look decent. The entire in-game engine would have to be rebuilt from the ground up, along with character animations (which were very limited in the original), environment textures, etc. Furthermore, the audio would have to be completely re-done to match today's standards. Which means that a new orchestra would have to be contracted to record the music, and new lines of dialogue need to be written and recorded.

It would be impractical to waste all of those hours and resources to remake a mediocre JRPG that, contrary to popular belief, is not in high demand at all. SE would be better off focusing on franchises such as Deus Ex and Tomb Raider, and save the Final Fantasy ports for handhelds.
---
sig here
#30SunDevil77Posted 11/20/2012 7:00:13 AM
GSWarriors- posted...
I really don't understand why they don't do this. Millions of fans want a FF7 remake, SE is making crappy ass FF games (just look at the last few FF games with the girl), and the only good FF they can release now would be a remake of FF7, FF8, and FF9 because all they need to do is update graphics, add voice overs and they're set to sell a minimum of 20 million copies each because the easy work is already done for them which is the story and gameplay. The only reason I can see why they are waiting is so they can make it on the next gen consoles so games would charge $70 per game.

Yes, because FF is Square's only IP.
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.