This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SquareEnix is really dumb and gonna go bankrupt soon unless they remake FF7

#41JukainPosted 11/20/2012 7:41:00 AM
Besides, Lightning Returns is gonna be the best JRPG next year, if you didn't already know.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#42JukainPosted 11/20/2012 7:41:51 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Jukain posted...
News flash: They actually did remake FFVII this year. They re-released it on the PC and they fixed the MDef Bug and sharpened textures and fixed a few translation errors. Oh, and they gave us achievements, because everyone love achievements.

/Multiple facepalms

That's a visual update. Not a remake.

They fixed glitches and such... enhanced port at the very least.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#43knightimexPosted 11/20/2012 7:44:01 AM
flipmode_1 posted...
They need to stop remaking and remastering games altogether.!

Stopped reading right there.
---
Knightime X was a cool guy until he was exposed to GameFAQS radiation. He'll never be the same again!
#44DarkSymbiotePosted 11/20/2012 7:44:15 AM
Jukain posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
Jukain posted...
News flash: They actually did remake FFVII this year. They re-released it on the PC and they fixed the MDef Bug and sharpened textures and fixed a few translation errors. Oh, and they gave us achievements, because everyone love achievements.

/Multiple facepalms

That's a visual update. Not a remake.

They fixed glitches and such... enhanced port at the very least.

Yes, dear.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#45BruceWayneJrPosted 11/20/2012 7:45:35 AM
Okikurmi posted...
oh god i hope they don't remake it. The game is fine as it is and SE will just mess it up.

This. I don't trust NuSquare not to mess it up. Leave it alone.
#46knightimexPosted 11/20/2012 7:46:34 AM
BruceWayneJr posted...
Okikurmi posted...
oh god i hope they don't remake it. The game is fine as it is and SE will just mess it up.

This. I don't trust NuSquare not to mess it up. Leave it alone.

So don't buy it if they mess up?
What's so hard about that?
---
Knightime X was a cool guy until he was exposed to GameFAQS radiation. He'll never be the same again!
#47cup_a_soupPosted 11/20/2012 7:51:07 AM
cup_a_soup posted...
They did re-release it on PSN and PC via digital distribution. They cannot port it to Wii/Wii-U/360 because Sony has claimed the rights to the game's graphical specs.

They've also said that the Final Fantasy series must live on. If they do remake Final Fantasy 7, it will take about 8-10 years in development to rebuild it from scratch, and they said, once they do, the series will end, as they feel "anything that passed Final Fantasy 7 will seem more pointless than it needs to be". If the fans want Final Fantasy 7, they will have to cope with it going out with a bang as the series' swan song.

And that is a load of nonsense. Why would Final Fantasy 7 take 8-10 years of development now? All the concept art and storyline has been done already. That's just Square being lazy. A remake is entirely possible, but it's just unwise to do it since the fanbase will inevitably find SOMETHING wrong with it.

The concept art and storyline are irrelevant, and hardly took much time in the first place. You can't just drop a PS1 game into a magical HD filter and expect it to look decent. The entire in-game engine would have to be rebuilt from the ground up, along with character animations (which were very limited in the original), environment textures, etc. Furthermore, the audio would have to be completely re-done to match today's standards. Which means that a new orchestra would have to be contracted to record the music, and new lines of dialogue need to be written and recorded.

So you're saying that they'd essentially be doing a new game, but with parts of the process already done?

Still don't see the problem.

For the record, I don't care for a FF7 remake. Just that when people say it's too difficult or that it takes 8 years for them to do it, I find that to be an ignorant statement.
#48EliteGuard99Posted 11/20/2012 7:52:11 AM
FF7 Cloud>=Lightning>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Other versions of Cloud

If they remake VII they will replace the Cloud we know and love with the crappy FFVIII:AC/Dissidia/CC Cloud, who is the worst character they have ever made.
---
"I like my weapons how I like my music, HEAVY and METAL! - Mordekaiser
#49XenobowPosted 11/20/2012 7:52:31 AM
I hope they make the FF7 Remake as launch title for Xbox 720.
---
Lost Odyssey
#50KainFourtehPosted 11/20/2012 7:55:05 AM
Considering the TC hasn't made a post since making this topic I'm going to call troll topic on this one.