This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SquareEnix is really dumb and gonna go bankrupt soon unless they remake FF7

#51JukainPosted 11/20/2012 7:14:55 AM
EliteGuard99 posted...
FF7 Cloud>=Lightning>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Other versions of Cloud

If they remake VII they will replace the Cloud we know and love with the crappy FFVIII:AC/Dissidia/CC Cloud, who is the worst character they have ever made.

They could remake FFVII but instead of Cloud and Barret have Lightning and Sazh!
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#52DarkSymbiotePosted 11/20/2012 7:17:24 AM
I remember when they said Lightning was supposed to be a female Cloud. Boy, what a bad idea.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#53AlluvionPosted 11/20/2012 7:17:56 AM
I don't think a FFVII remake would be a disservice to the series... It may well fall short of the glory of the original, but it can NOT make the series any worse. I mean just LOOK at where it's gone. Jpop and Tetsuya Nomura destroyed a once-revered franchise. These new Final Fantasy games (I draw the line after FFX) don't deserve the title. Any subsequent releases are blatant cash-grabs, milking the soul out of the ironic name.

If you think a FFVII remake would besmirch the original's legacy, just take a look at Kingdom Hearts, Dirge of Cerberus, Advent Children, Crisis Core, Dissidia... Just take a look. Again, a remake couldn't do any more harm than what's been done already.

This is not a troll post.
#54Fou LuPosted 11/20/2012 7:26:49 AM
That "millions of fans" you think it has? It doesn't. It just seems like it does because game forums are flooded with FF7 fans. Average games don't want a remake of FF7, they want CoD. That's why CoD keeps selling more and more copies.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#55SunDevil77Posted 11/20/2012 7:28:08 AM
Fou Lu posted...
That "millions of fans" you think it has? It doesn't. It just seems like it does because game forums are flooded with FF7 fans. Average games don't want a remake of FF7, they want CoD. That's why CoD keeps selling more and more copies.

Dear god, how did I know this was going to evolve into a CoD discussion about "average gamers"
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
#56En Sabah NurPosted 11/20/2012 7:29:30 AM
Xx5ILLYR4BBITxX posted...
They wont make a ff7 remake because they know and we know if they did the final fantasy series would pretty much be done and ppl would not buy any of the new final fantasy games. People keep on buying them hoping the newest one is as good or better than ff7 if SE remade ff7 that would be it for final fantasy they know it and we know it.

This is why they haven't done it. They know it'll outsell anything they've made since it came out, and then they'll look like scrubs.

I mean I'd love to see an FF7 remake but I know it won't happen.

I just want them to release FF Tactics 2 or a new Chrono game or something. It's been too long.
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA
#57thechronoPosted 11/20/2012 7:43:58 AM
you realize that if they remake ff7 it will only be on a sony platform, sony did publish the game after all.
---
"for this dreamers dream i am the only one who dreams of home you see".
#58Super CreaturesPosted 11/20/2012 7:49:48 AM
KainFourteh posted...
Considering the TC hasn't made a post since making this topic I'm going to call troll topic on this one.

His posting history should have given that away, long before anything he posted in this topic.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#59Pawkie07Posted 11/20/2012 7:56:34 AM
TrueFinale posted...
Bankrupt are you kidding me? They're dominating JRPGs on the 360 because they are only company that still makes them (even though the quality of them is kinda lacking). From what I'm aware FFXIII series still sold pretty well, Tomb Raider, Hitman games are also under their umbrella.

Dominating? LOL the sales from the 360 version are extremely low compare to the ps3 version.

SE is pretty much doomed to fail and die out slowly without that FF7 remake. That remake could save the company. But even if they did do a remake I am 100% sure they would mess it up some how because this is SE we are talking about.
#60mamervPosted 11/20/2012 8:05:46 AM
I wouldn't mind the updated graphics, but for the love of god no voice acting, it just ruins it for me.
---
I don't always play video games, but when i do I prefer to do it in 36 hour marathons.