This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SquareEnix is really dumb and gonna go bankrupt soon unless they remake FF7

#61Grand_BluePosted 11/20/2012 9:15:26 AM
How about they stop spending millions on that "so called" Versus XIII "game" that was supposed to be released............ forever ago.

FF7 was the best, but I liked how FF9 went back to the roots.
#62EvilCactusPosted 11/20/2012 9:20:11 AM
cup_a_soup posted...
cup_a_soup posted...
They did re-release it on PSN and PC via digital distribution. They cannot port it to Wii/Wii-U/360 because Sony has claimed the rights to the game's graphical specs.

They've also said that the Final Fantasy series must live on. If they do remake Final Fantasy 7, it will take about 8-10 years in development to rebuild it from scratch, and they said, once they do, the series will end, as they feel "anything that passed Final Fantasy 7 will seem more pointless than it needs to be". If the fans want Final Fantasy 7, they will have to cope with it going out with a bang as the series' swan song.

And that is a load of nonsense. Why would Final Fantasy 7 take 8-10 years of development now? All the concept art and storyline has been done already. That's just Square being lazy. A remake is entirely possible, but it's just unwise to do it since the fanbase will inevitably find SOMETHING wrong with it.

The concept art and storyline are irrelevant, and hardly took much time in the first place. You can't just drop a PS1 game into a magical HD filter and expect it to look decent. The entire in-game engine would have to be rebuilt from the ground up, along with character animations (which were very limited in the original), environment textures, etc. Furthermore, the audio would have to be completely re-done to match today's standards. Which means that a new orchestra would have to be contracted to record the music, and new lines of dialogue need to be written and recorded.

So you're saying that they'd essentially be doing a new game, but with parts of the process already done?

Still don't see the problem.

For the record, I don't care for a FF7 remake. Just that when people say it's too difficult or that it takes 8 years for them to do it, I find that to be an ignorant statement.

Did you even read? NOTHING is already done. If anything, the story would have to be rewritten to accomodate new design changes, and new concept art would have to be drawn for characters rendered with the new engine. Considering that it took several years to develop hallway simulator in FFXIII, 8-10 years for an open world JRPG with comparable visuals and animation sounds about right.
---
sig here
#63takethathuskerPosted 11/20/2012 9:31:34 AM
No, I no longer trust SquareEnix with games I enjoyed as much as the mid-period Final Fantasies, especially since Masato Kato, who made VII so good, is no longer with the company. Honestly if they put it out now I probably wouldn't buy it since given their track record in the past 8 years there would be some after-the-fact meddling that would ruin the original plot. I'd rather they keep putting out new games that don't interfere with my fond memories of the company I grew up with.
#64CathickleSquallPosted 11/20/2012 9:32:58 AM
Nakratos posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
I just beat it in 2010. The current state is fine. Games don't need to be updated throughout the times like Star Wars. People need to have a different mindset. Like knowing that it was out in 1997.

And that's why playing the game in 2012 makes it feel outdated, you have to remind yourself to be lenient because it's a 1997 game. This can't-- or shouldn't-- happen on a remake, so they would have to make it feel "modern" by updating several aspects of the game.

This. So much of this. 1997 has gone and passed. I picked this up last year for the first time and barely made it two hours into the game before I turned it off, and started up FFII.
---
Uh. Random signature?
#65ArcFan10000Posted 11/20/2012 9:34:15 AM
cup_a_soup posted...
Final Fantasy 7 has aged terribly outside of the graphics department, and needs a complete overhaul (think Tomb Raider Anniversary)

Not worth the hassle.

People will still go back to playing the original, A remake in this era would probably sell very poorly.
The only games id like to see remade are the older titles from the SNES ERA. Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, and maybe FF6.
---
Favs: Xenogears, Phantasy Star, Star Ocean, Arc the Lad, Tales of Destiny 2, Suikoden, Final Fantasy
Playing:Tales of Vesperia on 360, Tales of Graces f
#66ianthegamerPosted 11/20/2012 9:38:36 AM
Really? the mainstream rpg/final fantasy fans have hyped up VII so much that it supposedly the best in the series?

The game is super cliche and nothing new other than utilizing 3d graphics.

I still say 3 was the best in the series for what it did... If you dont agree maybe you didnt play it cause those twist and turns were firsts for me.

I actually liked VIII better than VII as well... my question is why do you need a remake? If its so good you shouldn't be demanding improved graphics or HD. I highly doubt one game will cause them to go out of business.
---
"Nobody cares about SKN or King of Fighters anymore. Go play Art of Fighting or SvC Chaos 29.99 ONLI and get lose."-GWEndlessDuel
#67Durpee7Posted 11/20/2012 9:42:20 AM
If you think they would ruin the game if they remade it, then don't buy it and just play the original. It's as simple as that
---
3DSFC: 2277-6704-5993
JBL is god
#68JCDenton76Posted 11/20/2012 9:47:11 AM
With IPs like,Deus Ex-Tomb Raider-Sleeping Dogs-Hitman-Legacy of Kain-Thief the next few years,is not going to go bankrupt.
#69TBONE_OGPosted 11/20/2012 9:50:06 AM
KainFourteh posted...
Considering the TC hasn't made a post since making this topic I'm going to call troll topic on this one.

His posting history should have given that away, long before anything he posted in this topic.

This, everyone. Look, I loved FF7 as much as then next guy, but TC just trolled hard.
---
Always O.G.
#70PyroFonixPosted 11/20/2012 10:04:40 AM
Think about the Wall Market scenes...
DO YOU REALLY WANT THAT REMADE ?
---
League of Legends: Tron Fonne
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Fonix/