This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dead Island or L4D2?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Dead Island or L4D2?

User Info: CammyApple

CammyApple
4 years ago#11
SSJGrimReaper posted...
Neither, get the Walking Dead

See that's the other option but without enough money to get all 5.

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
4 years ago#12
While both L4D games are probably superior to DI, I'd recommend DI if you're playing solo. Both L4D games offer about an afternoon's worth of play-- they're all about the MP. Dead Island gets a bad rap, I actually like it quite a bit. It's not especially polished, and the difficulty can feel a little harsh at times, but if you stick with it it's a pretty good time.
Protip: If you don't see gorilla coming he's already behind you, lotion bottle in hand. --CaPwnd

User Info: deimos91

deimos91
4 years ago#13
different games ones an RPG ala borderlands the other a team based level shooter
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2 GHZ|Radeon 4650 512MB|2 GB DDR2 ram/steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951

User Info: SSJGrimReaper

SSJGrimReaper
4 years ago#14
I wouldn't get either for single player honestly, both are fun games but caters more to multiplayer than single player.(Especially since you won't be getting the DLC)

SSJGrimReaper posted...
Neither, get the Walking Dead

See that's the other option but without enough money to get all 5.

The disc-retail release comes out on December 4th for $30
Big Apple, 3 A.M.
http://i.imgur.com/LPi7w.gif

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
4 years ago#15
SSJGrimReaper posted...

The disc-retail release comes out on December 4th for $30

DAMN. Just in time for me not to care because of Far Cry 3. Eh, I'll put it on a Christmas list. That's in my sister's price range.
Protip: If you don't see gorilla coming he's already behind you, lotion bottle in hand. --CaPwnd

User Info: queirotacobell

queirotacobell
4 years ago#16
left 4 dead 2. dead island was a horrible mess. its like borderlands with zombies but much worse.
Nah hidden stuffs are still in games these days...
you just have to pay for them. Capcom calls them DLC.

User Info: Rebel_G

Rebel_G
4 years ago#17
DI if you want open world exploration / discovery.

L4D2 if you just want non-stop zombie killing.

I preferred DI, personally.
PSWii60 Gamer

User Info: Dark_Spiret

Dark_Spiret
4 years ago#18
Solo? Neither. DI has some interesting ideas, but its a very messy game with a lot of issues. playing with friends alleviates some of the pain. L4D2 is a pure coop game. its whole design is based around playing with others. you can play it with bots but its nowhere near the same and the bots are a liability on anything over normal difficulty.

The Walking Dead is $12.50 on Steam right now. GET IT!.
Currently playing: Final Fantasy 13-2 - Black Ops 2 - Torchlight 2

User Info: majicray2112

majicray2112
4 years ago#19
Dead Island is super fun, has rpg elements, vehicles and is long. I played left for dead 4, it's okay but Dead Island is better.

User Info: CammyApple

CammyApple
4 years ago#20
Dark_Spiret posted...
Solo? Neither. DI has some interesting ideas, but its a very messy game with a lot of issues. playing with friends alleviates some of the pain. L4D2 is a pure coop game. its whole design is based around playing with others. you can play it with bots but its nowhere near the same and the bots are a liability on anything over normal difficulty.

The Walking Dead is $12.50 on Steam right now. GET IT!.

Can't. Integrated graphics. Otherwise it wouldn't even be a question.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Dead Island or L4D2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived