This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't get the craze about the Walking Dead game, someone explain it to me

#1HedorianPosted 11/21/2012 4:44:35 PM
The show is decent. I like Season 1, Season 2 was pretty boring. The latest one is pretty good so far but still nothing that great imo. Everyone on here is saying TWD is the best game they've ever played but everything I've seen about it seems meh. What's so great about this game that everyone hypes it up on this forum? Or is it just one of the gamefaqs things, there are quite a few games this board hypes up that aren't that great for example. Deadly Premonition comes to mind, Tales of Vesperia is another. Probably more but those two are recent examples.
---
Currently playing: Psi Ops (PS2), Infamous 2 (PS3), and Ocarina of Time (Wii)
#2moniewitchPosted 11/21/2012 4:47:31 PM
I think the videogame series by telltale is better than the show and comic because you get to experience it yourself by playing it and you make your own decisions.
---
Jesus is our best friend & savior
#3Gwildor123Posted 11/21/2012 4:48:27 PM
The story is what captures you. It has this asian kid that reminds many of us 80's kid (yea I'm on as **** and still trolling this board) of DATA from The Goonies.
#4Scarecrow1711Posted 11/21/2012 4:55:26 PM
Hedorian posted...
The show is decent. I like Season 1, Season 2 was pretty boring. The latest one is pretty good so far but still nothing that great imo. Everyone on here is saying TWD is the best game they've ever played but everything I've seen about it seems meh. What's so great about this game that everyone hypes it up on this forum? Or is it just one of the gamefaqs things, there are quite a few games this board hypes up that aren't that great for example. Deadly Premonition comes to mind, Tales of Vesperia is another. Probably more but those two are recent examples.

Vesperia is a great game though.
---
GT: Ru3 1711
Online games I play: ME3, any CoD, Halo 4(soon)
#5Hedorian(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 4:58:54 PM
Scarecrow1711 posted...
Hedorian posted...

Vesperia is a great game though.

It was good...but I feel like the generic, stereotypical JRPG characters brought down the game as well as the poor story line and writing. Everything else, graphics and fighting system were top of the line.
---
#6ScymitePosted 11/21/2012 5:01:34 PM
1st of all, Deadly Premonition is amazing.

2nd of all: Walking Dead Game >>>>> Walking Dead Show
---
"half life is god, if you gave gordon freeman long hair he'd be freaken jesus with a crowbar" -- ilovecarebears
#7SunDevil77Posted 11/21/2012 5:04:18 PM
The game is a must play. Period. That's all you need to know.
---
Kansas is full of good men, I don't want to be a good man. I want to be a great one.
#8Hedorian(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 5:08:02 PM
SunDevil77 posted...

Saw that they were releasing them all on one disk, is it out yet?
---
#9IWUPosted 11/21/2012 5:10:16 PM
Gwildor123 posted...
The story is what captures you. It has this asian kid that reminds many of us 80's kid (yea I'm on as **** and still trolling this board) of DATA from The Goonies.

"I just had a great idea guys! Slick shoes."
---
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds. I suppose we all thought that, one way or another." -J. Robert Oppenheimer
#10CammyApplePosted 11/21/2012 5:12:17 PM
Hedorian posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

Saw that they were releasing them all on one disk, is it out yet?

December I think the fourth.