This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't get the craze about the Walking Dead game, someone explain it to me

#11HarleenzPosted 11/21/2012 5:13:38 PM
It's the story! The plot! It's engrossing.

Deadly Premonition is an amazing game. I do think the combat sucks and its repetitive though.

Never played Tales of Vesperia though.
#12SixStringHeroPosted 11/21/2012 5:17:57 PM
NO Inverted controls.

Wonder if they will fix that for the Disc version. I know people were complaining about that.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#13Assassin_X_GethPosted 11/21/2012 5:24:11 PM
The Walking Dead show and comic are WAY better then the boring game.
---
GFAQS - Land where your opinion is what everyone else says it is.
#14Killah PriestPosted 11/21/2012 5:25:10 PM
game was pretty crappy IMO

I love the show tho.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#15Hedorian(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 5:31:39 PM
Killah Priest posted...
game was pretty crappy IMO

I love the show tho.

This is more of wanted to hear instead of the usual praise it gets. The less bias the better. I was just wondering if I should really play this or not. I haven't been a zombie fan since I was in elementary school and I've never read the comics. Don't really watch the show. So the bias to automatically LOVE the game isn't there. Would like to hear more replies from people that didn't care for the game and a couple reasons why. Thanks
---
Currently playing: Psi Ops (PS2), Infamous 2 (PS3), and Ocarina of Time (Wii)
#16RPG_ApostlePosted 11/21/2012 5:33:18 PM
I don't have to explain a damn thing to some tool that doesn't like Robot Blog.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Arucard05's blog. Endorsed by me. Since I wrote the only thing worth reading on it.
#17Hedorian(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 5:37:10 PM
RPG_Apostle posted...

Cool, because I usually skip past your posts anyway.
---
Currently playing: Psi Ops (PS2), Infamous 2 (PS3), and Ocarina of Time (Wii)
#18RPG_ApostlePosted 11/21/2012 5:40:35 PM
Hedorian posted...
RPG_Apostle posted...

Cool, because I usually skip past your posts anyway.

That's because you're not kewl enough for mah awesomeness, d00d.
---
Arucard05's blog. Endorsed by me. Since I wrote the only thing worth reading on it.
#19Arucard05Posted 11/21/2012 5:43:42 PM
This is more of wanted to hear instead of the usual praise it gets. The less bias the better. I was just wondering if I should really play this or not. I haven't been a zombie fan since I was in elementary school and I've never read the comics. Don't really watch the show. So the bias to automatically LOVE the game isn't there. Would like to hear more replies from people that didn't care for the game and a couple reasons why. Thanks

The "bias" that you're seeing is due to the fact that people talk more about good games. It's a good game, so for that reason you see a lot of people saying it's good.

You already decided you don't like the game, so you want to hear other people agree with you. That's bias.
---
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#20darkharePosted 11/21/2012 5:44:18 PM
Hedorian posted...
The show is decent. I like Season 1, Season 2 was pretty boring. The latest one is pretty good so far but still nothing that great imo. Everyone on here is saying TWD is the best game they've ever played but everything I've seen about it seems meh. What's so great about this game that everyone hypes it up on this forum? Or is it just one of the gamefaqs things, there are quite a few games this board hypes up that aren't that great for example. Deadly Premonition comes to mind, Tales of Vesperia is another. Probably more but those two are recent examples.

The Walking Dead game, is less of a game and more of a interactive story. that imo is what makes it so great, by itself the gameplay is pretty bland but coupled with the engrossing story and actually caring about what happens to the characters it lifts up the medicore gameplay and turns it into something special.
---
never mind the bullocks, BitRunner2 will own you. http://youtu.be/un_JB1gR-XI