This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't get the craze about the Walking Dead game, someone explain it to me

#21RPG_ApostlePosted 11/21/2012 4:46:24 PM
Arucard05 posted...
This is more of wanted to hear instead of the usual praise it gets. The less bias the better. I was just wondering if I should really play this or not. I haven't been a zombie fan since I was in elementary school and I've never read the comics. Don't really watch the show. So the bias to automatically LOVE the game isn't there. Would like to hear more replies from people that didn't care for the game and a couple reasons why. Thanks

The "bias" that you're seeing is due to the fact that people talk more about good games. It's a good game, so for that reason you see a lot of people saying it's good.

You already decided you don't like the game, so you want to hear other people agree with you. That's bias.

BURN!

VICIOUS BURN!

Somebody get Hedorian to the hospital, he got torched!

TELL 'EM, STEVE-DAVE!
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Arucard05's blog. Endorsed by me. Since I wrote the only thing worth reading on it.
#22Hedorian(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 4:49:48 PM
Arucard05 posted...
This is more of wanted to hear instead of the usual praise it gets. The less bias the better. I was just wondering if I should really play this or not. I haven't been a zombie fan since I was in elementary school and I've never read the comics. Don't really watch the show. So the bias to automatically LOVE the game isn't there. Would like to hear more replies from people that didn't care for the game and a couple reasons why. Thanks

The "bias" that you're seeing is due to the fact that people talk more about good games. It's a good game, so for that reason you see a lot of people saying it's good.

You already decided you don't like the game, so you want to hear other people agree with you. That's bias.

Okay, care to show me where I said I didn't like the game?

I haven't played the game nor have I even seen any footage of it in action. Only know of it through pictures and people talking about it on the board. I just figured that a lot of people liked it because of the show and comic. I don't watch the show or read the comic, which is why I said there was no already established connection with the brand.
---
Gamefaqs: Where gamers are hostile towards each other
Currently playing: Psi Ops (PS2), Sleeping Dogs (Xbox 360)
#23RPG_ApostlePosted 11/21/2012 4:54:23 PM
Hedorian posted...
Arucard05 posted...

Okay, care to show me where I said I didn't like the game?

I haven't played the game nor have I even seen any footage of it in action. Only know of it through pictures and people talking about it on the board. I just figured that a lot of people liked it because of the show and comic. I don't watch the show or read the comic, which is why I said there was no already established connection with the brand.

The tone of your posts, your general attitude reflected in every post you've ever made, it all kinda screams contrarian and "I'm going to be negative for the sake of it because I need attention!"
---
Arucard05's blog. Endorsed by me. Since I wrote the only thing worth reading on it.
#24HeLeehamPosted 11/21/2012 4:58:34 PM
I've never watched the show or read the comics and its easily one if my favourite games ever. I liked it before others realised how good it was as well so I was never swayed by popular opinion. It's one of the few games where each and every character has a distinct personality and you have a very strong opinion for each character. Much like DP actually.
#25RPG_ApostlePosted 11/21/2012 5:00:04 PM
HeLeeham posted...
I've never watched the show or read the comics and its easily one if my favourite games ever. I liked it before others realised how good it was as well so I was never swayed by popular opinion. It's one of the few games where each and every character has a distinct personality and you have a very strong opinion for each character. Much like DP actually.

And he ain't talking double penetration!
---
#26Hedorian(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 5:10:13 PM
darkhare posted...
Hedorian posted...
The show is decent. I like Season 1, Season 2 was pretty boring. The latest one is pretty good so far but still nothing that great imo. Everyone on here is saying TWD is the best game they've ever played but everything I've seen about it seems meh. What's so great about this game that everyone hypes it up on this forum? Or is it just one of the gamefaqs things, there are quite a few games this board hypes up that aren't that great for example. Deadly Premonition comes to mind, Tales of Vesperia is another. Probably more but those two are recent examples.

The Walking Dead game, is less of a game and more of a interactive story. that imo is what makes it so great, by itself the gameplay is pretty bland but coupled with the engrossing story and actually caring about what happens to the characters it lifts up the medicore gameplay and turns it into something special.

I figured the gameplay would be bland but that the story would be where it shines, just like every game this board decides to hype up. Thanks. I'll probably check the limited edition used in a month or two.
---
#27shawnmckPosted 11/21/2012 5:13:03 PM
I loved the comic until about issue 65, and then it just started getting boring.

The tv show is blah, and I just can't get into it. It literally puts me to sleep, its such a snore-fest.

I absolutely love the game, as it is just great when it comes to story & pacing...something the comic series used to have.
The game doesn't have much in terms of game-play, but it more than makes up for it with story and characters, as well as being able to make choices that affect the story & add re-play value.

It's perfectly fine if you don't get what the appeal is, as it happens with some people with some games...
I personally don't see what is so appealing about Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, GTA, Hal Life, Batman AA & AC...and I could go on.
I don't think that they are terrible games, just not my cup of tea.
So maybe the Walking Dead game just isn't your thing..?
#28darkharePosted 11/21/2012 5:16:47 PM
Hedorian posted...
darkhare posted...
Hedorian posted...
The show is decent. I like Season 1, Season 2 was pretty boring. The latest one is pretty good so far but still nothing that great imo. Everyone on here is saying TWD is the best game they've ever played but everything I've seen about it seems meh. What's so great about this game that everyone hypes it up on this forum? Or is it just one of the gamefaqs things, there are quite a few games this board hypes up that aren't that great for example. Deadly Premonition comes to mind, Tales of Vesperia is another. Probably more but those two are recent examples.

The Walking Dead game, is less of a game and more of a interactive story. that imo is what makes it so great, by itself the gameplay is pretty bland but coupled with the engrossing story and actually caring about what happens to the characters it lifts up the medicore gameplay and turns it into something special.

I figured the gameplay would be bland but that the story would be where it shines, just like every game this board decides to hype up. Thanks. I'll probably check the limited edition used in a month or two.

the gameplay isnt bland, its involving because its seamless with the story, most games theirs a definitive line between gameplay and story. in this game their is no line to cross as both are intertwined.
---
never mind the bullocks, BitRunner2 will own you. http://youtu.be/un_JB1gR-XI
#29Halochief6Posted 11/21/2012 5:16:50 PM
People like the game because it is a good game. It's that simple. It's not for everyone of course, but this bias you speak of is nonexistent.

I love the show, but i haven't read the comic yet. So i don't qualify as one of the people you think is without bias and I like the game so I can't be one of the people you want to hear bad things about it from. Despite all that I'm giving you my opinion anyway.

I don't like the game because it's called "The Walking Dead". I like it because of the story and the characters, the atmosphere and the intensity. Did it garner an interest from me because I like the show or want to read the comics? Yes. When i heard about i got an interest in it. Then I saw a gameplay trailer for it and I wanted nothing to do with it. When it released I figured I'd still give it a go and was prepared for the worst. When i played I couldn't put it down. There is no bias in there at all.

Also the fact that you said all you've done was look at screenshots and read what people say on this forum is stupid. Look at some gameplay or go play the free trial of the first episode and form your own opinion. And I have to ask TC, why does your OP ask for someone to explain to you the craze about it, but then later you want to hear negative opinions because they promote less bias? I also just want to point out, haters can have as much bias as fanboys.
---
"Awesome. Can I play steam games on my 360? I assume I can since you posted that on the Xbox 360 board in a topic about XBL deals." - Vivi0198
#30Hedorian(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 5:18:53 PM
shawnmck posted...
I loved the comic until about issue 65, and then it just started getting boring.

The tv show is blah, and I just can't get into it. It literally puts me to sleep, its such a snore-fest.

I absolutely love the game, as it is just great when it comes to story & pacing...something the comic series used to have.
The game doesn't have much in terms of game-play, but it more than makes up for it with story and characters, as well as being able to make choices that affect the story & add re-play value.

It's perfectly fine if you don't get what the appeal is, as it happens with some people with some games...
I personally don't see what is so appealing about Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, GTA, Hal Life, Batman AA & AC...and I could go on.
I don't think that they are terrible games, just not my cup of tea.
So maybe the Walking Dead game just isn't your thing..?

I don't know if Walking Dead is my thing that's why I was asking. I love great stories. I love great gameplay. When a game has a great story but bland gameplay that's where I am a bit stand offish. With that said the interactive story, and multiple choices in regards to way the game can play out sounds truly awesome. All those games you listed I like, sans the Batman games which I never played as I'm not a huge super hero fan, those games all have fantastic gameplay and story. Deadly Premonition seemed cool but I didn't play it that much but the quirky story seemed interesting but the gameplay didn't hook me at all so I gave up on it. I just wonder if The Walking Dead would have the same effect.
---