This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't get the craze about the Walking Dead game, someone explain it to me

#41bluehat94Posted 11/21/2012 10:30:54 PM
It's all about the story and the characters, all three forms the franchise has taken has nailed it in that area. The characters are human and real, and go through exactly what you'd expect people trapped in the zombie apocalypse would.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#42Pacman2dxPosted 11/21/2012 10:34:41 PM
The choices and how the characters and story develop around them as you make them - good or bad, the story always shows the consequences of your actions.
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
Lonely is a freedom that breathes easy and weightless .. | NP: Halo 4, Hitman Absolution, AC3.
#43LordOfLegaciesPosted 11/21/2012 10:49:47 PM
Hedorian posted...
Okay, care to show me where I said I didn't like the game?

He was probably referring to this little bit right here...

Hedorian posted...
Killah Priest posted...
game was pretty crappy IMO

I love the show tho.

This is more of wanted to hear instead of the usual praise it gets. The less bias the better.

All that guy said was that the game is pretty crappy and that he likes the show. That tells you absolutely nothing, but you said that that is more of what you wanted to hear. This makes me agree with the other guy. You didn't want to like the game when you made this post, you were looking for someone to "confirm" your suspicions.
---
The moderation staff and system on this website are both absolutely terrible.
#44Hedorian(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 11:00:19 PM
LordOfLegacies posted...
Hedorian posted...
Okay, care to show me where I said I didn't like the game?

He was probably referring to this little bit right here...

Hedorian posted...
Killah Priest posted...
game was pretty crappy IMO

I love the show tho.

This is more of wanted to hear instead of the usual praise it gets. The less bias the better.

All that guy said was that the game is pretty crappy and that he likes the show. That tells you absolutely nothing, but you said that that is more of what you wanted to hear. This makes me agree with the other guy. You didn't want to like the game when you made this post, you were looking for someone to "confirm" your suspicions.

Stop projecting. He stopped replying because he had no argument. I don't see what's wrong with wanting to hear from people on the opposite side of the I LOVE THIS GAME THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER spectrum. Several people already said what I already figured about the game such as it having mediocre gameplay and That it's more about the story.
---
Gamefaqs: Where gamers are hostile towards each other
Currently playing: Psi Ops (PS2), Sleeping Dogs (Xbox 360)
#45LordOfLegaciesPosted 11/21/2012 11:05:13 PM
Hedorian posted...
Several people already said what I already figured about the game such as it having mediocre gameplay and That it's more about the story.

That's all well and good, but I still think you made this topic with negative feelings toward the game and I don't think you'll be able to convince me otherwise, but frankly IDGAF.
---
The moderation staff and system on this website are both absolutely terrible.
#46Hedorian(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 11:19:45 PM
LordOfLegacies posted...
Hedorian posted...
Several people already said what I already figured about the game such as it having mediocre gameplay and That it's more about the story.

That's all well and good, but I still think you made this topic with negative feelings toward the game and I don't think you'll be able to convince me otherwise, but frankly IDGAF.

Leave the thread then like your friend Arucard.
---
Gamefaqs: Where gamers are hostile towards each other
Currently playing: Psi Ops (PS2), Sleeping Dogs (Xbox 360)
#47CptAwsumPosted 11/22/2012 12:29:30 AM

It was good...but I feel like the generic, stereotypical JRPG characters brought down the game as well as the poor story line and writing. Everything else, graphics and fighting system were top of the line.

Someone clearly didn't play through the game.
---
i5 750 | 8GB DDR3 | GTX570 | WD 1TB | OCZ StealthXStream 600W | CM HAF 922 | Dell U2312HM | 7 Ultimate x64
#48CapwnDPosted 11/22/2012 12:54:42 AM
NO Inverted controls.

Seriously? Screw that. I don't buy games without inverted controls anymore. This isn't 1994, Lawnmower man hasn't been in the box office for a long time.

That's too bad. I had planned to buy the game eventually, and I actually gave my friend an xbox and bought all the DLC (what was available at the time and gave him a code for 1600 points) because he's a big fan and I thought he should play it.
---
Thrash Zone
#49Banana_ManaPosted 11/22/2012 1:50:10 AM
CaPwnD posted...
NO Inverted controls.

Seriously? Screw that. I don't buy games without inverted controls anymore. This isn't 1994, Lawnmower man hasn't been in the box office for a long time.

That's too bad. I had planned to buy the game eventually, and I actually gave my friend an xbox and bought all the DLC (what was available at the time and gave him a code for 1600 points) because he's a big fan and I thought he should play it.

Damn good game...

Controls aren't too hard, even for an inverty!
---
Current Specs: TV | Xbox | Controller | Pillow | Floor | Two Hands | Two Eyes | Tea-Making Facilities | Assorted Snacks.
#50CapwnDPosted 11/22/2012 2:17:36 AM
If I was a fan I would suck it up and just play it. But I'm not a fan. Looks like an amazing series, watched a few episodes and I like it but I'm not going out of my way to buy games that ignore such a basic control option. I'm not trying to make a statement or be a douchebag about it. And it's not even just an issue of dealing with one game, it's when I go back to other games that are done correctly and that sinister crazy setup still haunts me.
---
Thrash Zone