This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't get the craze about the Walking Dead game, someone explain it to me

#51Banana_ManaPosted 11/22/2012 2:38:46 AM
CaPwnD posted...
If I was a fan I would suck it up and just play it. But I'm not a fan. Looks like an amazing series, watched a few episodes and I like it but I'm not going out of my way to buy games that ignore such a basic control option. I'm not trying to make a statement or be a douchebag about it. And it's not even just an issue of dealing with one game, it's when I go back to other games that are done correctly and that sinister crazy setup still haunts me.

Fair enough - I read somewhere (or possibly imagined) that they are planning to add inverted controls to the on-disc version.

I could be very wrong though. Wouldn't be the first time.
---
Current Specs: TV | Xbox | Controller | Pillow | Floor | Two Hands | Two Eyes | Tea-Making Facilities | Assorted Snacks.
#52CapwnDPosted 11/22/2012 2:48:19 AM
Real gamers do it inverted.
---
Thrash Zone
#53Banana_ManaPosted 11/22/2012 2:49:53 AM
CaPwnD posted...
Real gamers do it inverted.

I do it inverted all the time.

*Puts on sunglasses*

I just don't game that way.
---
Current Specs: TV | Xbox | Controller | Pillow | Floor | Two Hands | Two Eyes | Tea-Making Facilities | Assorted Snacks.
#54CapwnDPosted 11/22/2012 2:52:38 AM
Inverted nipples need love too.
---
Thrash Zone
#55SunDevil77Posted 11/22/2012 6:52:45 AM
Hedorian posted...
LordOfLegacies posted...
Hedorian posted...
Okay, care to show me where I said I didn't like the game?

He was probably referring to this little bit right here...

Hedorian posted...
Killah Priest posted...
game was pretty crappy IMO

I love the show tho.

This is more of wanted to hear instead of the usual praise it gets. The less bias the better.

All that guy said was that the game is pretty crappy and that he likes the show. That tells you absolutely nothing, but you said that that is more of what you wanted to hear. This makes me agree with the other guy. You didn't want to like the game when you made this post, you were looking for someone to "confirm" your suspicions.

Stop projecting. He stopped replying because he had no argument. I don't see what's wrong with wanting to hear from people on the opposite side of the I LOVE THIS GAME THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER spectrum. Several people already said what I already figured about the game such as it having mediocre gameplay and That it's more about the story.

Psssst, the people who love it give you reasons, Priest just said he didn't like it. No reasoning, nothing. You have it in your head that the game "sucks"
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
#56Arucard05Posted 11/22/2012 6:55:10 AM
He stopped replying because he had no argument.

This is cute.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.
#57HMXTaylor_LeePosted 11/22/2012 7:02:25 AM
The game's criticisms remind of Max Payne 3.

The game forgets it's a game, and becomes a bunch of dialogue and movie sequences. That you can't skip.

They both have their strengths - the gameplay in Max Payne 3 is probably a lot better than Walking Dead, and the dialogue in Walking Dead is probably a lot better than Max Payne 3.
#58SunDevil77Posted 11/22/2012 7:11:44 AM
HMXTaylor_Lee posted...
The game's criticisms remind of Max Payne 3.

The game forgets it's a game, and becomes a bunch of dialogue and movie sequences. That you can't skip.

They both have their strengths - the gameplay in Max Payne 3 is probably a lot better than Walking Dead, and the dialogue in Walking Dead is probably a lot better than Max Payne 3.

Telltale Games' games are always "interactive stories"
Kind of niche video games. For example, I liked Jurassic Park and Back to The Future games a lot, but most didn't.
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
#59Killah PriestPosted 11/22/2012 7:12:06 AM
Priest just said he didn't like it. No reasoning, nothing. You have it in your head that the game "sucks"

I'm not selfish enough to bore people with my reasons, just liking it or not is enough.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#60Banana_ManaPosted 11/22/2012 7:14:24 AM
Killah Priest posted...
Priest just said he didn't like it. No reasoning, nothing. You have it in your head that the game "sucks"

I'm not selfish enough to bore people with my reasons, just liking it or not is enough.

I disagree.
---