This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't get the craze about the Walking Dead game, someone explain it to me

#71DXiRoNMaNPosted 11/22/2012 7:31:52 AM
I can get why someone wouldn't like a story-driven point & click. I'm usually not into them myself but I love the Walking Dead universe.
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#72SunDevil77Posted 11/22/2012 7:33:59 AM
Killah Priest posted...
Priest just said he didn't like it. No reasoning, nothing. You have it in your head that the game "sucks"

I'm not selfish enough to bore people with my reasons, just liking it or not is enough.

I wasn't shooting your opinion, I was just stating that tc took to your word way too quickly for the simple reason that it was what he wanted to hear.
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
#73Banana_ManaPosted 11/22/2012 7:34:58 AM
DXiRoNMaN posted...
I can get why someone wouldn't like a story-driven point & click. I'm usually not into them myself but I love the Walking Dead universe.

I'm not a big point and click fan. Don't really care for the Walking Dead either (have never read the comics, and have only seen the 1st season of the show)... This game just clicked for me.
---
Current Specs: TV | Xbox | Controller | Pillow | Floor | Two Hands | Two Eyes | Tea-Making Facilities | Assorted Snacks.
#74Killah PriestPosted 11/22/2012 7:41:35 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#75Banana_ManaPosted 11/22/2012 7:42:31 AM
Hmm...

That may be where the difference lies - I loved the characters. Well, I didn't really like Kenny and family (warmed to Kenny though). I thought that Ben, and Clementine were well done. I do understand the dying aspect - but for me that made it more exciting. Literally didn't know what to expect from one minute to the next.

I'm going to replay this weekend, and we'll see if it's as good going through a second time (without all the suspense).
---
Current Specs: TV | Xbox | Controller | Pillow | Floor | Two Hands | Two Eyes | Tea-Making Facilities | Assorted Snacks.
#76bossk5Posted 11/22/2012 7:45:26 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
bossk5 posted...
Well, in his defense he probably didn't give a reason because his reason is he feels the game is just flat out boring.

You know how it is here, tons of people would be telling him to " go bak to teh CoD and Halozzzz" ect...ect. A body gets tired if hearing that s*** after awhile.

I personally felt the game to be boring, perhaps I'm mistaking about him feeling the same.

What did you find boring?

It's one of the few games I own that I was never bored with.
Loved it, start to finish.

The lack of gameplay I suppose. I was never a big fan of point and click even in their heyday. It's just boring to me.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
#77Killah PriestPosted 11/22/2012 7:55:08 AM(edited)
my character results (they show it after you complete everything) in case you're curious.

*spoilers obviously*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/imdmega/2012-11-21_00001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/imdmega/2012-11-21_00002.jpg
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#78Mutant1988Posted 11/22/2012 8:03:15 AM
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TearJerker

I think the game gets most of those tropes. Very strong emotional reactions is I believe one of the main appeals. The point and click gameplay comes second to seeing all the horrible things that happen to the characters and how/if they overcome them. And of course, being a part of the decision process and actually being responsible for some of their failures and successes.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#79Arucard05Posted 11/22/2012 8:04:41 AM
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TearJerker

Man, I had things to do today!
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Do you want to read awesomely rad reviews and articles? No? ****.
#80HMXTaylor_LeePosted 11/22/2012 9:17:04 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
HMXTaylor_Lee posted...
The game's criticisms remind of Max Payne 3.

The game forgets it's a game, and becomes a bunch of dialogue and movie sequences. That you can't skip.

They both have their strengths - the gameplay in Max Payne 3 is probably a lot better than Walking Dead, and the dialogue in Walking Dead is probably a lot better than Max Payne 3.

Telltale Games' games are always "interactive stories"
Kind of niche video games. For example, I liked Jurassic Park and Back to The Future games a lot, but most didn't.

I've never played either. I thought I remembered some debacle about Back to the Future not being released on consoles, or the 360 at least. That (and the AMAZING Michael J Fox soundalike) are the only things I've heard about the game.

Well, hopefully that Walking Dead action title can appeal to both types of players - the ones craving a good story, and the ones clamoring for more gameplay. I very much doubt it, but I'd like to be surprised.