This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't get the craze about the Walking Dead game, someone explain it to me

#81Hedorian(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 10:50:47 AM
HMXTaylor_Lee posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
HMXTaylor_Lee posted...
The game's criticisms remind of Max Payne 3.

The game forgets it's a game, and becomes a bunch of dialogue and movie sequences. That you can't skip.

They both have their strengths - the gameplay in Max Payne 3 is probably a lot better than Walking Dead, and the dialogue in Walking Dead is probably a lot better than Max Payne 3.

Telltale Games' games are always "interactive stories"
Kind of niche video games. For example, I liked Jurassic Park and Back to The Future games a lot, but most didn't.

I've never played either. I thought I remembered some debacle about Back to the Future not being released on consoles, or the 360 at least. That (and the AMAZING Michael J Fox soundalike) are the only things I've heard about the game.

Well, hopefully that Walking Dead action title can appeal to both types of players - the ones craving a good story, and the ones clamoring for more gameplay. I very much doubt it, but I'd like to be surprised.

Well what's so bad about the gameplay?
---
Gamefaqs: Where gamers are hostile towards each other
Currently playing: Psi Ops (PS2), Sleeping Dogs (Xbox 360)
#82Hedorian(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 2:59:01 PM
bump
---
Gamefaqs: Where gamers are hostile towards each other
Currently playing: Psi Ops (PS2), Sleeping Dogs (Xbox 360)
#83MrluzoPosted 11/22/2012 3:11:25 PM
In my opinion, it is fantastic. I have never played anything like it before and was just so different. I just downloaded episode 5 tonight, and will play it Sunday. I like the TV show as well, and now cant wait for State of Decay. Im not a huge horror fan, but this game is really something special. Not bothered with any of the Resident Evil or Dead Space titles, but this game has really put State of Decay on my radar.