The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GOTY weak this year?

#1oasisbeyondPosted 11/22/2012 7:13:11 PM
It seems this fall, there's been very good games, but nothing amazing like we see every year.
So far I think...

Borderlands 2
Halo 4
Blops 2
Hitman Absolution
Far Cry 3
Assassins Creed 3
Journey
Max Payne 3
Mas Effect 3
Dishonored
NSMB2
Forza Horizon
are the contenders.

Me3 is probably gonna get the most votes overall, but the rest seem very good but nothing amazing.
This seems like the end of a gen, like they are saving amazing stuff for launch of the next systems or something. I can't talk much about ME3 because I rented the ps3 version and that game had so much issues that I couldn't play / watch it for more then 5 minutes.

So far for me Journey will win arcade / psn goty.
But for big game... I have no clue, but so far I'm going with ME3 cuz the rest seems very good but not GOTY material.

We all know GOTY doesn't really exist, but there's always a few games that stand out from the rest... What your favorite games this year?
TOP 3...
#2SunDevil77Posted 11/22/2012 7:14:06 PM
None of those strike you as amazing?
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
#3cooljojosarkarPosted 11/22/2012 7:14:41 PM
You need to play Walking Dead.
---
PSN - cooljojo
XBL - cooljojo89
#4allan247Posted 11/22/2012 7:16:08 PM
skyrims counts as last year right? my timeline is a little off being in afghanistan earlier this year lol
---
USMC 0331, 2/6 Camp Lejeune, NC
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=268449&l=eddcae9469&id=1695502398
#5glassghost0Posted 11/22/2012 7:16:26 PM
The Walking Dead....that is all

actually, this is my got past 2-3 years
---
Signature OFF
#6oasisbeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 7:17:40 PM
Nope, none of those are amazing for me.
Skyrim, Dark Souls... Last year... Now those were must buys. Very good games though.
They just don't seem like AAA games, but AA+ :)

Although I have a feeling Halo 4 will get a lot of GOTY considering people seem to love the single player too. I have yet to play it... It's been a fall of a lot of soldi games, but nothing stands out as a 60$ must buy. imo of course. But, I'm picky.
#7SunDevil77Posted 11/22/2012 7:21:12 PM(edited)
oasisbeyond posted...
Nope, none of those are amazing for me.
Skyrim, Dark Souls... Last year... Now those were must buys. Very good games though.
They just don't seem like AAA games, but AA+ :)

Although I have a feeling Halo 4 will get a lot of GOTY considering people seem to love the single player too. I have yet to play it... It's been a fall of a lot of soldi games, but nothing stands out as a 60$ must buy. imo of course. But, I'm picky.

The Walking Dead
Halo 4
Borderlands 2
Assassins Creed 3

those 4 alone make this year incredible. All easily worth 60.
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
#8delux19Posted 11/22/2012 7:23:04 PM
Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed 3 or The Walking Dead.
#9Auron772Posted 11/22/2012 7:32:43 PM
My personal choice is Mass Effect 3 and I also see it getting many awards from various sites.
---
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren
#10glassghost0Posted 11/22/2012 7:40:14 PM
The Walking Dead deserves every commendation. It was truly an experience that shouldn't be missed. The last episode had me bawling, I've never played a game that made me feel so connected to the characters
---
Signature OFF