This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Peter Molyneux: "I Still Believe So Much"

#11Arucard05Posted 11/22/2012 9:14:01 PM
Oh! Enough with the limited technology bit. Games like Bayonetta, MGS4, and many others were done so well with current technology.

And, while fine games, are limited in scope and derivative of other games.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#12DarkSymbiote(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 9:16:57 PM
Arucard05 posted...
Oh! Enough with the limited technology bit. Games like Bayonetta, MGS4, and many others were done so well with current technology.

Explain, please.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#13GGearXPosted 11/22/2012 9:37:40 PM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Arucard05 posted...

Explain, please.

A game that integrates your mind. Virtual reality? I have an Idea for a survival horror game that would not be able to work at this time.
I would have to type out some of my crazy ideas from my notebook. But i dont have it with me right now. But you get the point. Why press buttons in bayonnetta when you can think of combinations.
And in the end MGS feels like an idea that was just changed to huge long cutscenes. When I first thought of MGS4 I thought they were going to completely change the stealth formula. Where enemies were smarter. If one soldier was down, the others would notice. And if he was dead, theyd be more alert.
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :P ) (O_\)
.............I'm a very shy boy ...
#14mtjormitchPosted 11/22/2012 9:51:05 PM
Okay. I admit I like the guy. He seems cool to hang out with and stuff... but he seems like he has no idea what he is doing anymore. He isn't George Lucas levels of bad but still bad when making stuff. He just needs to underhype HIMSELF...

Not to be a jerk or anything, but I think he might also need to see a therapist as well. Might do him some good.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#15Arucard05Posted 11/22/2012 10:05:55 PM
Not to be a jerk or anything, but I think he might also need to see a therapist as well. Might do him some good.

Some people might not realize that the vitriolic hate people spew about games and developers does get back to them. These people work years on a project, and for people to just trash it left and right has to sting. The Bioware founders left partly because the reaction to The Old Republic just depressed them so much they lost all passion for making games.
---
It's better than bad.
#16mtjormitchPosted 11/22/2012 10:12:20 PM
Arucard05 posted...

Some people might not realize that the vitriolic hate people spew about games and developers does get back to them. These people work years on a project, and for people to just trash it left and right has to sting. The Bioware founders left partly because the reaction to The Old Republic just depressed them so much they lost all passion for making games.

Well... it was more Mass Effect 3 if anything. The hate for The Old Republic was there. But compare that to ME3 hatedom and holy crap... it looks kind in comparison.

There is a reason why you don't disapoint gamers... they hate bad games and will make sure you know that they hate bad video games. That, IMO, is a great thing in this medium.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#17GorillaOnRoofPosted 11/22/2012 10:13:41 PM
I just plucked a white nose hair out of my nostril. Once I got past the sneezing, I felt good about myself.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#18DarkSymbiote(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 10:44:47 PM
mtjormitch posted...
Arucard05 posted...

Well... it was more Mass Effect 3 if anything. The hate for The Old Republic was there. But compare that to ME3 hatedom and holy crap... it looks kind in comparison.

There is a reason why you don't disapoint gamers... they hate bad games and will make sure you know that they hate bad video games. That, IMO, is a great thing in this medium.

I agree.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#19Arucard05Posted 11/23/2012 12:10:39 AM

No, The Old Republic was definitely a bigger deal. It was by far their largest project to date. And while even with the ending backlash ME3 can be considered a success, The Old Republic is....less so.

Criticism can be a very useful tool. It can also be a deadly weapon.
---
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#20mtjormitchPosted 11/23/2012 12:36:00 AM
Arucard05 posted...

No, The Old Republic was definitely a bigger deal. It was by far their largest project to date. And while even with the ending backlash ME3 can be considered a success, The Old Republic is....less so.

Criticism can be a very useful tool. It can also be a deadly weapon.

Honestly. I think the ME3 hate could never be beaten. Ever. When people are donating money to a charity to change the ending and gain over 60K. Literally threaten genuine charges against them due to lying and even the cupcake thing.

To be quite honest... there is no way the hate for KoTOR will ever, now or ever or used to, will ever have the hate ME3 had... ever. Maybe any other game as well.

Here is the thing with criticism. Listen to it and better yourself. If you don't... well... the fans basically told you what was wrong! Should've listened to them.
---