This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Peter Molyneux: "I Still Believe So Much"

#21Big_Ed_MustaphaPosted 11/23/2012 12:14:19 AM
Do people still listen to that guy?

Considering how he has "exaggerated" his description of features in his games in the past I find that quote very ironic

All he has ever been good at is sitting on his laurels spouting off about how he's the guy that made Black & White blah blah blah all the while making bland contrite gaming experiences
---
King of the evil/normal monkeys who are now mostly normal but flesh eating while frowned upon is not entirely rare
#22Banana_ManaPosted 11/23/2012 12:15:10 AM
mtjormitch posted...
Arucard05 posted...
Well... it was more Mass Effect 3 if anything. The hate for The Old Republic was there. But compare that to ME3 hatedom and holy crap... it looks kind in comparison.

No, The Old Republic was definitely a bigger deal. It was by far their largest project to date. And while even with the ending backlash ME3 can be considered a success, The Old Republic is....less so.

There is a reason why you don't disapoint gamers... they hate bad games and will make sure you know that they hate bad video games. That, IMO, is a great thing in this medium.

Criticism can be a very useful tool. It can also be a deadly weapon.

Honestly. I think the ME3 hate could never be beaten. Ever. When people are donating money to a charity to change the ending and gain over 60K. Literally threaten genuine charges against them due to lying and even the cupcake thing.

To be quite honest... there is no way the hate for KoTOR will ever, now or ever or used to, will ever have the hate ME3 had... ever. Maybe any other game as well.

Here is the thing with criticism. Listen to it and better yourself. If you don't... well... the fans basically told you what was wrong! Should've listened to them.

First of all, the Old Republic, and Knights of the Old Republic are very very different. One has zero hate, the other a lot.

Anyway.

ME3 was hated for it's ending. I can agree with that, but a lot of that hate was online, and the vast majority of those people BOUGHT the game, and most of its DLC / weapon packs etc. Thus making the game a huge commercial success. Put simply it made money, and continues to do so to this day.
With the exception of the ending it was also well received, and since the furore surrounding the ending ended (!) people have been more generous with the praise (which I think ME3 deserved all along). The Old Republic has suffered much more hate, and it has suffered sustained hate over a longer time. It was also not as successful commercially as ME3.
---
Current Specs: TV | Xbox | Controller | Pillow | Floor | Two Hands | Two Eyes | Tea-Making Facilities | Assorted Snacks.
#23temgunPosted 11/23/2012 1:58:20 AM
Make The Movies 2 or a spiritual successor to that and I will sacrifice my wallet for it.
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG