This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How was your Black Friday experience?

#1JRS511Posted 11/22/2012 7:52:21 PM(edited)
Overall mine did not turn out how I expected. I went to Wal Mart but everything was gone by the time I got there. Sales were not supposed to start until 8 but apparently people got their stuff before.

I was wanting to get a second copy of Borderlands 2(for my bro) and Assassins Creed 3 but they were both gone when I got there. I did however managed to make it out with some good product so it was not a complete loss.

I got Dark Souls, X Com : Enemy Unknown and a 3 month Xbox Live card for around $55 for all which is not bad and also got 3 blu rays for 12 bucks including Fight Club, Taken and The Last of the Mohicans

So not too bad I guess but not what I went for. Lesson learned shop online next year.

What about you guys?
---
Stone Sour - House of Gold and Bones Pt 1 is Album of the Year
#2JenniferTatePosted 11/22/2012 7:51:36 PM
I didn't even consider that people would just camp Wal Mart and wait until zero hour for checkout.
---
Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think we should worship the sun and moon as powerful gods, and fear them.
#3SunDevil77Posted 11/22/2012 7:54:35 PM
Not bad at all, got done with Thanksgiving dinner, after seeing Skyfall again, walked into Walmart around 7:45 with the fam. Walked out about 8:15 with a new fridge, a new camera, and for games, got FIFA 13, Forza Horizon, Red Dead: GOTY, and Max Payne 3. All 4 for under $60.
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
#4oasisbeyondPosted 11/22/2012 7:56:16 PM
Well, it's not Friday... So I'll let you know... O_o
#5JRS511(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 7:56:29 PM
AlkalineKitten posted...
I didn't even consider that people would just camp Wal Mart and wait until zero hour for checkout.

Well I did not think they would sell stuff before 8 like the ad said. Like I said I am just going to shop online from here on out.
---
Stone Sour - House of Gold and Bones Pt 1 is Album of the Year
#6NevercomingdownPosted 11/22/2012 7:57:37 PM
Pretty good, went to walmart at 7 and made friends with the people around me in line. We told each other what games we were looking for and agreed to help each other out. At like 7:58, they said GO and everyone crashed into the display case knocking all the games to the ground lol it was crazy. Got what I wanted, Forza Horizon, and a dude that was standing next to me in line grabbed an extra Borderlands 2 for me.
---
GT: Elesp || PSN: DestroyTheEnd
Ron Paul 2012: Because voting for other candidates whose main supporters are big banks and the wallstreet elite is un-American.
#7JenniferTatePosted 11/22/2012 7:57:52 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. These sales get more brutal every year.
---
Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think we should worship the sun and moon as powerful gods, and fear them.
#8WinternovaPosted 11/22/2012 7:57:56 PM
It's hell. I'm giving up on shopping in stores.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#9Shy420Posted 11/22/2012 7:58:20 PM
Uhh isn't it still Thursday?
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#10PwnostarPosted 11/22/2012 8:04:43 PM
Shy420 posted...
Uhh isn't it still Thursday?

Yes. Yes it is. But some stores opened this evening for Black Friday.

I got Forza Horizon at Wal-Mart and I price matched those 1600 MSP cards that were going for $10 at Target. Not too bad for $25.
---
Disregard women, sell illegal substances, and acquire currency.