This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How was your Black Friday experience?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. How was your Black Friday experience?

User Info: JRS511

JRS511
4 years ago#1
Overall mine did not turn out how I expected. I went to Wal Mart but everything was gone by the time I got there. Sales were not supposed to start until 8 but apparently people got their stuff before.

I was wanting to get a second copy of Borderlands 2(for my bro) and Assassins Creed 3 but they were both gone when I got there. I did however managed to make it out with some good product so it was not a complete loss.

I got Dark Souls, X Com : Enemy Unknown and a 3 month Xbox Live card for around $55 for all which is not bad and also got 3 blu rays for 12 bucks including Fight Club, Taken and The Last of the Mohicans

So not too bad I guess but not what I went for. Lesson learned shop online next year.

What about you guys?
Stone Sour - House of Gold and Bones Pt 1 is Album of the Year

User Info: JenniferTate

JenniferTate
4 years ago#2
I didn't even consider that people would just camp Wal Mart and wait until zero hour for checkout.
Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think we should worship the sun and moon as powerful gods, and fear them.

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
4 years ago#3
Not bad at all, got done with Thanksgiving dinner, after seeing Skyfall again, walked into Walmart around 7:45 with the fam. Walked out about 8:15 with a new fridge, a new camera, and for games, got FIFA 13, Forza Horizon, Red Dead: GOTY, and Max Payne 3. All 4 for under $60.
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.

User Info: oasisbeyond

oasisbeyond
4 years ago#4
Well, it's not Friday... So I'll let you know... O_o

User Info: JRS511

JRS511
4 years ago#5
AlkalineKitten posted...
I didn't even consider that people would just camp Wal Mart and wait until zero hour for checkout.

Well I did not think they would sell stuff before 8 like the ad said. Like I said I am just going to shop online from here on out.
Stone Sour - House of Gold and Bones Pt 1 is Album of the Year

User Info: Nevercomingdown

Nevercomingdown
4 years ago#6
Pretty good, went to walmart at 7 and made friends with the people around me in line. We told each other what games we were looking for and agreed to help each other out. At like 7:58, they said GO and everyone crashed into the display case knocking all the games to the ground lol it was crazy. Got what I wanted, Forza Horizon, and a dude that was standing next to me in line grabbed an extra Borderlands 2 for me.
GT: Elesp || PSN: DestroyTheEnd
Ron Paul 2012: Because voting for other candidates whose main supporters are big banks and the wallstreet elite is un-American.

User Info: JenniferTate

JenniferTate
4 years ago#7
Yeah, I know what you mean. These sales get more brutal every year.
Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think we should worship the sun and moon as powerful gods, and fear them.

User Info: Winternova

Winternova
4 years ago#8
It's hell. I'm giving up on shopping in stores.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)

User Info: Shy420

Shy420
4 years ago#9
Uhh isn't it still Thursday?
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.

User Info: Pwnostar

Pwnostar
4 years ago#10
Shy420 posted...
Uhh isn't it still Thursday?

Yes. Yes it is. But some stores opened this evening for Black Friday.

I got Forza Horizon at Wal-Mart and I price matched those 1600 MSP cards that were going for $10 at Target. Not too bad for $25.
Disregard women, sell illegal substances, and acquire currency.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. How was your Black Friday experience?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived