This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Far Cry 3 is the surprise game of the year so far?

#1oasisbeyondPosted 11/23/2012 1:26:52 PM
People expected it to be good, maybe very good... But this game is gonna be considered one of the GOTY, if that means anything. I did not expect this. I loved and hated Far Cry 2, looks like they fixed all the problems of that game, although the fire was better in it. :)
#2pothocketPosted 11/23/2012 1:35:17 PM
So much wrong in your topic.

"Year so far"? The year is over. The surprise game of the year is Walking Dead. Also, Far Cry 3 is not yet so no one knows if it's a decent game or not.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#3HELZEROPosted 11/23/2012 1:35:32 PM
Its too good to be true. Gonna reserve judgement until i play it. The last FC was a letdown but instincts was pretty legendary in my book.
#4oasisbeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 1:38:04 PM
You and your Walking Dead... That game isn't worth60$ lol. You play it once and it's zzz after that. Good point and click game though, well you know what I mean.
#5oasisbeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 1:39:25 PM
ts too good to be true. Gonna reserve judgement until i play it. The last FC was a letdown but instincts was pretty legendary in my book.
The game was great on Xbox, but man did I hate that huge circle crosshair... Any game that has that is an instant fail lol. Original pc Far Cry was amazing in 2004, that thing got my ati 9800pro going.
#6triple sPosted 11/23/2012 1:44:23 PM
oasisbeyond posted...
You and your Walking Dead... That game isn't worth60$ lol. You play it once and it's zzz after that. Good point and click game though, well you know what I mean.

I would also agree with The Walking Dead...it's also not $60 to begin with so I don't know what your point is.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09
#7JKSonicPosted 11/23/2012 1:46:47 PM
First FarCry was pretty amazing, but the ones that came in between 1 and 2 were TERRIBLE IMO. 2 was pretty amazing as well, but it had almost just as many negatives as it did positives (quickly respawning enemies to name just one).

3 looks to be more like what 2 should have been and if so then it'll be awesome. Just wish it would have come out a little while ago so we could have seen it included in some of the BF sales.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#8GorillaOnRoofPosted 11/23/2012 1:48:47 PM
Let's not be hasty. There is still plenty of time left in the year for another "wow" title.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#9bossk5Posted 11/23/2012 1:52:34 PM
pothocket posted...
So much wrong in your topic.

"Year so far"? The year is over. The surprise game of the year is Walking Dead. Also, Far Cry 3 is not yet so no one knows if it's a decent game or not.

Actually, the surprise game of the year is Xcom.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
#10vigorm0rtisPosted 11/23/2012 2:22:39 PM
Geez, this is getting to be like the Oscars. Nobody remembers the early releases. If I had to pin a sleeper this year, it would be Dragon's Dogma. That sold a lot on word of mouth, and didn't have a franchise name to fall back on.
---
Protip: If you don't see gorilla coming he's already behind you, lotion bottle in hand. --CaPwnd