This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Longtime PS3 owner/casual gamer, thinking about buying 360...

#1FBFreak1985Posted 11/24/2012 5:14:08 AM
To me, 360 always seemed like where serious gamers play. With Live being pay for play, and the most popular titles being FPS and Madden (same could probably be said for ps3), I wasn't sure if it was for casual gamers like myself who probably play less than 3x a week. But my family fell in love Just Dance with Kinect but she doesn't want to buy a system for only that reason cause she feels likes it'll eventually lose its luster. I am interested in Halo and the online community Xbox has to offer, but I still don't know if that's enough, especially with 720 rumored to be out in next 18 months or so.

I need the real lowdown, preferably from owners of both systems but also from 360 fanboys. Is it worth owning A) for the casual gamer and b)this late in its life cycle?
#2SunDevil77Posted 11/24/2012 5:24:16 AM
This feels like a troll topic...
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
#3woodymPosted 11/24/2012 5:28:59 AM
Yes to both
---
Aye Aye.
#4GeistPosted 11/24/2012 5:29:36 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
This feels like a troll topic...

When ever the TC is a high enough level to use the search feature and still make these topics it is definitely going to turn out to be trolling.
---
Currently playing : Minecraft 360
#5FBFreak1985(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 11:09:21 AM
seriously not a troll topic. I'm just a regular guy looking for some advice before I shell out
+200 bucks for something that might be dusted off and turned on a couple times a month
#6shawnmckPosted 11/26/2012 11:37:30 AM
Its only worth owning any system if it has games that you like.
If there are no XB 360 games that appeal to you, then it would be pointless to get one.
Same goes for the PS3, Wii-U, or whatever.

And yes, I own both...because there are games for both that I feel are worth playing.

What you need to do TC is find out what the exclusives are and check them out to see if they interest you. And then determine if you think its worth getting a new console over.

I personally prefer the XB 360 controller, so I get most multi-platform games for the XB 360...and its the PS3 that I use mainly for its exclusives.
But everyone has different preferences, and you will need to judge based on your own.
#7PantherRiderPosted 11/26/2012 11:41:03 AM
shawnmck posted...
Its only worth owning any system if it has games that you like.
If there are no XB 360 games that appeal to you, then it would be pointless to get one.
Same goes for the PS3, Wii-U, or whatever.

And yes, I own both...because there are games for both that I feel are worth playing.

What you need to do TC is find out what the exclusives are and check them out to see if they interest you. And then determine if you think its worth getting a new console over.

I personally prefer the XB 360 controller, so I get most multi-platform games for the XB 360...and its the PS3 that I use mainly for its exclusives.
But everyone has different preferences, and you will need to judge based on your own.

I bought my PS3, so i can upgrade to Blu-Ray Dvd's... I'm done with DVDs home boy!

Me perssionally i just prefer the xbox i tried playing at a walmart the ps3 and... well just not my cup of tea.
---
**Self Proclaimed Official Bro-Hugger of the Xbox Boards, Total Bro Hugs given: 5**