This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The game you've beat the most?

#261nedrithPosted 11/25/2012 7:06:15 AM
FF 6 probably 10-15 times.
LOZ: a link to the past probably close to the above maybe more.
Super mario brothers 3

I would say those 3 are pretty much tied.
#262Mutant1988Posted 11/25/2012 7:14:40 AM
I'm usually content with one or two playthroughs of games. Given how my favorite genre is shooters and the general linearity of that genre, that's usually more than enough. Usually just to finish it on all the higher difficulties.

Which is usually Hard and whatever higher difficult that unlocks after the first playthrough. I hate that developers do that, because it's so obviously just manipulating us (The completionists and challenge seekers) to keep playing for longer. But hey, as long as I'm still having fun, that's fine.

But I think I finished Psi-ops: The Mindgate Conspiray about 5-6 times. I also think I've finished Far Cry Instincts at least 3 times.

If we're counting co-op playhroughs, I've finished Halo Combat Evolved and Timesplitters 2 countless (Easily more than 10) times.

This generation, not a whole lot of games have gotten a replay outside of finishing of the difficulties, but:

Alpha Protocol - 2.5 playthrough. Loved every moment of the first playthrough, second playthrough as a rookie (Still awesome, especially when I got by far the best ending), third as an amoral psychopath (Which is sincerely unpleasant to play), which I have yet to finish.

Lost Planet 2 - Designed with replayability in mind and it's a great go to for co-op. But I've replayed individual levels far more than the entirety of the campaign.

I think the problem is that there hasn't passed enough time since the first playthrough. Memory of the first round through is still fresh in my mind, so replaying it again wouldn't really add anything to the overall experience.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#263Gamerater66Posted 11/25/2012 7:16:33 AM
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. Beat it 16 times. :)
#264MadDewgPosted 11/25/2012 7:24:24 AM
Phantasy star online episode 1 and 2 (I had over 4,000 hours clocked into this game....yeah), with star ocean 2, star ocean 3, and various tales of games (mainly tales of symphonia) following behind PSO.
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg Playin' bayonetta, dungeon fighter live, gears of war 3, tales of graces, borderlands, dust: an elysian tail.
#265BlueJester007Posted 11/25/2012 7:31:37 AM
Resident Evil 4 probably. I think I've beaten it around 50 something times maybe more including all the versions.
---
Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can f*** off.
#266Liquid_Wolf_mgsPosted 11/25/2012 7:34:51 AM
Resident Evil 4
Mass Effect Trilogy
Metal Gear Solid 1-3
Devil May Cry 1
---
Welcome to GameFAQS where everyone is the best at every game without trying while having a "life" except you .
#267EntotrtePosted 11/25/2012 8:01:57 AM
Super Mario 64~50 times or even more
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, and you are 100% proud of it, put this as your signature.
#268DXiRoNMaNPosted 11/25/2012 8:16:56 AM
BlueJester007 posted...
Resident Evil 4 probably. I think I've beaten it around 50 something times maybe more including all the versions.

I'd say RE1 or 4 for me but maybe a half dozen times... 50 times?!
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#269Snazzy21Posted 11/25/2012 8:17:28 AM
shadowfox1986 posted...
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Soul Blazer(Blader)
Super Mario RPG
Illusions of Gaia
Terranigma

I'm sure I'm probably missing a few, but I LOVED SNES RPG's (Obviously)

Probably beaten all of these over 2 dozen times each by now...

You are my favorite person.

I have played through Chrono Trigger at LEAST 40 times, Illusion of Gaia/Time is a damn good game i have played through prob about 6 times (and i might again now) Secret of Mana 1 and 2 multiple(in the teens) times 1 more than 2. Secret of Evermore i have played through over 10 times. Terranigma is great. Lufia 2, A Link to the Past... My god i played a lot of games.
#270BlueJester007Posted 11/25/2012 8:28:13 AM
DXiRoNMaN posted...
BlueJester007 posted...

I'd say RE1 or 4 for me but maybe a half dozen times... 50 times?!

Yeah. A lot of it was just experimentation with some glitches. I was REALLY bored back then.
---
Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can f*** off.