This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Other than games you like, what do you want to see in a home-gaming console?

#1GamerCzarPosted 11/24/2012 7:04:50 AM
Graphics?

Gimmicks?

Media content?

GO!!!
---
Chris Brown, confirmed anime fan:
http://i.imgur.com/ZitKd.jpg
#2JKSonicPosted 11/24/2012 7:16:11 AM
The number one "gimmick" I'd like to see is the ability to play my XBox on any TV in the house. With the WiiU the best thing it has going for it is that you can play on the tablet while somebody is watching a show on the same TV you have it hooked up to. I'd like that to go a step further though (and I've been saying this since well before the WiiU was ever announced) with the ability to just play on any TV.

I can't see how wireless adapters would cost all that much if they were specialized to solely pick up the XBox's signal. I mean look at something like the Roku, depending on the version you get that sells for about the price of a game and it streams tons of different video apps and even plays games on the more expensive units. This wouldn't technically have to "play" anything, it would just be streaming it in a similar fashion to how OnLive worked but it would just be on your own home network.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#3darkharePosted 11/24/2012 9:45:30 AM(edited)
id like to see head tracking (picture box 3d) using Kinect. honestly im to the point of demanding this or im not going to buy the next gen console because its been proven that it can infact be done and yet their still not giving it to us.

---
never mind the bullocks, BitRunner2 will own you. http://youtu.be/un_JB1gR-XI
#4AsucaHayashiPosted 11/24/2012 10:47:36 AM
i want to see games that don't appear on other platforms and that don't require xbox live to get the full enjoyment out of.

too much wishful thinking based on how this gen turned out so yeah...
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#5Mister_LintonPosted 11/24/2012 11:00:59 AM
Day 1 digital versions of big releases. Yeah, it's time.

Customizable dashboard (not just wallpapers). The Wii kind of does this, and adding pins on the 360 was a start but...

Game installs that don't require the disk to boot... not sure how to accomplish this, but some type of registration/DRM could be figured.

Yes dammit, I'm lazy.
#6Mister_LintonPosted 11/24/2012 11:09:44 AM
darkhare posted...
id like to see head tracking (picture box 3d) using Kinect. honestly im to the point of demanding this or im not going to buy the next gen console because its been proven that it can infact be done and yet their still not giving it to us.

This as well. When implemented properly, it is a much better and more convincing effect than stereoscopic 3D-- plus would be cool as a control option.
#7randomweirdoPosted 11/24/2012 11:37:24 AM
Mister_Linton posted...
Game installs that don't require the disk to boot... not sure how to accomplish this, but some type of registration/DRM could be figured.

Yes dammit, I'm lazy.

Won't ever happen. Too many people would take advantage of it to allow them to install a game they borrow from a friend or return back to Gamestop within 7 days when they buy used.
#8AsucaHayashiPosted 11/24/2012 11:54:03 AM
randomweirdo posted...
Mister_Linton posted...

Yes dammit, I'm lazy.

Won't ever happen. Too many people would take advantage of it to allow them to install a game they borrow from a friend or return back to Gamestop within 7 days when they buy used.

hence the mention of registration/DRM...
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#9randomweirdoPosted 11/24/2012 12:26:21 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...
randomweirdo posted...
Mister_Linton posted...

Yes dammit, I'm lazy.

hence the mention of registration/DRM...

How is that going to prevent someone from returning the actual disc to the store? Okay, I could buy it from gamestop used, register the game, then return it to gamestop. I get the game for free then.

If there is no need for a disc to play an installed game, the likely outcome is that online passes will exist for every game that has online just so the developers actually get something.
#10Mister_LintonPosted 11/24/2012 3:07:32 PM
randomweirdo posted...
How is that going to prevent someone from returning the actual disc to the store? Okay, I could buy it from gamestop used, register the game, then return it to gamestop. I get the game for free then.

If there is no need for a disc to play an installed game, the likely outcome is that online passes will exist for every game that has online just so the developers actually get something.

Well, I specifically said I don't know how they would do that, but a solution could be found. Honestly, I wouldn't even need this if they just had on demand versions available day 1.