This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why did people hate homefront again?

#1XT3M3Posted 11/24/2012 1:24:30 PM
the onine is ACTION PACKED. did people only cry about this game cause it wasnt "call of duty"?

i just picked it up last night after i saw it was 10 bucks now.
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
"Please do it so we can go a whole game without you posting." Flocka_Masta_P on me buying NYY tickets.
#2natevinesPosted 11/24/2012 1:27:30 PM
No. The MP was okay, but the game just felt too generic. Battlefield did 'big battles' better and CoD did CQB better.
The concept was kinda cool, but overall it felt clunky.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#3RE2LeonSPosted 11/24/2012 1:31:20 PM
It came out during the huge COD vs BF war, which game series is better. Homefront had no room to join in the battle because nobody cared enough.
---
My views on DLC, if it takes longer for me to work to pay for it than actually play it, it's not worth it. Don't buy Capcom games! GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#4JKSonicPosted 11/24/2012 1:35:36 PM
Personally I found it just as good, if not better, than any of the recent CoD's and certainly the single player parts of Battlefield.

But like others have said, it just got lost in the "war" and people expected too much of it.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#5randomweirdoPosted 11/24/2012 1:38:26 PM
Homefront also had a good number of issues when it came out if I recall right. That alone is enough to turn people off it.
#6RE2LeonSPosted 11/24/2012 1:42:10 PM
Homefront was the beginning of the end for THQ. I remember they tried to do some stupid press stunt for the game by releasing a ton of balloons which all wound up in the water which pretty much pissed everyone off in San Francisco. San Francisco is pretty environmentally friendly, so releasing a ton of rubber into the atmosphere only to wind up in their water would pretty much piss me off too. That's like taking a massive dump on your neighbors front steps because you were promoting Saint's Row 3.

http://www.switched.com/2011/03/03/thqs-homefront-balloon-stunt-angers-san-francisco-residents/
---
My views on DLC, if it takes longer for me to work to pay for it than actually play it, it's not worth it. Don't buy Capcom games! GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#7jsplisimPosted 11/24/2012 1:42:19 PM
I thought that it was crazy-short(even for a shooter) and "average" gameplay-wise. For $10 it is a solid game; for $60 you are left wanting.
---
What it is big momma? My momma didnt raise no dummies, I dug her rap!
#8jasongmPosted 11/24/2012 2:03:36 PM(edited)
I believe there was a reset bug that would plague peoples win/loss streak...
#9Robin_MaskPosted 11/24/2012 2:04:02 PM
Because they didn't like the game? Overhyped?

Never got the idea of the "durr everyone who loves cod hates everything and im right hurr" argument at all.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#10darkayanamiPosted 11/24/2012 2:06:52 PM
..because it was a bad game, be it Call of Duty or not.