This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you had to choose, which is the better single player game:

#1AstronomerJakePosted 11/24/2012 8:34:29 PM
fallout new vegas ultimate edition, far cry 2, or batman arkham city goty edition?

I'm thinking of getting one of these 3 games. Which will give me the most bang for my buck? What are some of the pros and cons of each game?
#2TravarkothPosted 11/24/2012 8:36:07 PM
Fallout: NV Ultimate Edition will probably have better replay value than the rest, and last you longer.

Which has the best SP? Hmm... I split between Fallout: NV and Batman: AC.
---
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"
-- Paarthurnax --
#3BeastLeeAdamsPosted 11/24/2012 8:37:19 PM
Fallout: New Vegas, literally played only that, and gears 2 (multiplayer) for 4 months.
#4CaIiber345Posted 11/24/2012 8:42:34 PM
I say either FO:NV or Batman.

FO: NV has better characterization than FO3 did (and I love FO3), and obviously you get all of the DLC in one shot. Multiple playthroughs are required though because there are different factions. Assuming you care about that sort of thing.

Batman is a fun game and expands on everything that the first did so well. Riddler trophies and question marks abound as collectibles, so that's up to your preference if you like that sort of thing.

FC2 put a lot of people off with respawning enemies, malaria, weapons that jam and break, and the fixing your car when it breaks down mechanic. It's not a bad game, but with FC3 coming out you're better off waiting until that one for FC.

The other two games will easily consume your time. Don't get me wrong; FC2 isn't bad at all. I would just pick one of the other two over that if I had to make the choice.
---
Awaiting: Far Cry 3, GTA V
Republican Space Rangers!
#5shawnmckPosted 11/24/2012 8:50:36 PM
It would depend on what you are more into in terms of genre.

Fallout: NV is the RPG....Far Cry 2 is the FPS....and Batman is the stealth/ beat-em-up brawler.

Of the three, Fallout: NV is the more bang for your buck, but also is the buggiest.
Batman is the more polished game.
Stay away from Far Cry 2 and just wait for Far Cry 3 instead.
#6CourtofOwlsPosted 11/24/2012 8:51:57 PM
new vegas would probably give you the most bang for your buck
it's pretty long if you do everything and there's 4 core endings

won't go wrong with batman either but the length comes from tedium trying to find all those riddler things
#7DarkSymbiotePosted 11/24/2012 8:55:49 PM
Arkham City, without question.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#8AstronomerJake(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 8:56:01 PM
so ill probably get new vegas then. How much different is new vegas than fallout 3? Is the world bigger? I hope it isn't just a depressing wasteland like fo3 was
#9BeastLeeAdamsPosted 11/24/2012 9:23:40 PM
AstronomerJake posted...
so ill probably get new vegas then. How much different is new vegas than fallout 3? Is the world bigger? I hope it isn't just a depressing wasteland like fo3 was

Just the opposite in depressing! It's slightly smaller with more enemies, more quests, more stuff to do and a better plot line, one problem is that once you beat the main game, it ends.
#10fhsfootball74Posted 11/24/2012 9:29:05 PM
New Vegas isn't quite as polished as Batman but will last you much longer and multiple playstyles and factions to join mean you will want to play at least twice. If you've liked any of Bethesda's recent games Skyrim, Fallout 3 etc. then you know generally what to expect. Not ever quest is created equal but there are some great and sometimes humorous story lines.
---
In SMod we trust.