This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just bought a new TV (my first HD tv...), should I use an HDMI cable?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Just bought a new TV (my first HD tv...), should I use an HDMI cable?

User Info: AngelsNAirwav3s

AngelsNAirwav3s
4 years ago#1
I just bought my first TV, and it is a 40" LED 1080p screen. The 360 already comes with a Red/Green/Blue HD cable, is there a big difference between using that and a normal HDMI cable?
God bless the sad and selfless. Stay helpless. Cause I've always been stronger than that, hold the weight of the world on my back. Love, Selfish Love.

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
4 years ago#2
Yes, there is a huge difference.

But I would HIGHLY suggest buying one from Amazon or Monoprice.com as HDMI cables have ridiculous mark-up in retail stores.
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009

User Info: tinkertoyroo

tinkertoyroo
4 years ago#3
I like hdmi better I play on a 55" led lg tv
my xbox live name is sufferingdeath

User Info: shawnmck

shawnmck
4 years ago#4
An HDMI cable is going to give you a better, crisper picture because it has a better transfer rate of the signal.

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
4 years ago#5
does it have vga hook-up .only difference between that and hdmi is the sound .vga need read and white cables to hook-up to a sound system.while hdmi is ready right out of the box
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
4 years ago#6
djwagon posted...
does it have vga hook-up .only difference between that and hdmi is the sound .vga need read and white cables to hook-up to a sound system.while hdmi is ready right out of the box

This isn't true.

VGA is analog, HDMI is digital. While there won't be a huge difference at lower resolutions between the two, on the TC's 40" 1080p, there will be a very noticeable difference.
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009

User Info: SEGA128DC

SEGA128DC
4 years ago#7
Hmm, another thing to consider HDMI cables, it's just one plug, and not five plugs like component cables. It just makes life a little easier. I also recommend MonoPrice.com for HDMI cables or any other type of cables...
Rise from your grave...
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Just bought a new TV (my first HD tv...), should I use an HDMI cable?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived