This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate what games I'm getting for christmas this year for the xbox 360:

#1bronze4v4proPosted 11/25/2012 10:10:11 PM
Please note: This is not the annual peeking in closet topic. That will be 2.5 weeks from now.

Also, I do not ever get new games because 60 bucks is way too much for a video game, especially offensive short games that release "season passes" like Borderlands 2, which is a slap in the face to real video game players. I always knew that Gearbox Randy Pitchfork was a corrupt guy, but now I have my proof.

Anyways, I'll probably be getting these games:

dragon age origins ultimate edition (giving vanilla da origins to my sister)

final fantasy 13-2 - Excited because this has towns and fetch quests, which are the backbone of real rpg's.

spider man web of shadows- My parents said they didn't find this game today. I hope they do, its basically Grand Theft Auto but spiderman as the lead character, not lame Niko.

nier- Finally getting this. Its only ten bucks. No idea what to expect.

gears of war 3- I'm probably a sheep getting this, but at least it has a.i. bots in offline mode, which I absolutely love. I respect a game company that puts in effort for offline players.

blue dragon- only 7 bucks. No idea what to expect, either.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six New Vegas 2- They confirmed they got this today. I heard it has a single player mode called "terrorist hunt," which sounds really cool. I also like the idea of local co-op.

Metal Gear Solid HD collection- 5 games in one is a win win. I've heard surprisingly good things about PeaceWalker, which I thought was just a stupid kiddy handheld game but it actually has a lot of content from what I'm told. We'll see. Handheld games are kiddy for a reason.

Battlefield bad company 2 for pc- I'm going to play this pretty much only for the online. I only play 2 older games online so I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully I can play with my 6k ping.

Christmas looks like its going to be a swell year. I'm glad I didn't cave in and ask for horrendous games like Portal 2, which is way too short for a purchase, or Dragon Age 2, which is a garbage game from Bioware, or Dragon's Dogma, which is overration at its finest.
#2GorillaOnRoofPosted 11/25/2012 10:12:35 PM
haha
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#3GorillaOnRoofPosted 11/25/2012 10:13:44 PM
I don't know about the games, but the post gets a 10/10.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#4Halochief6Posted 11/25/2012 10:31:40 PM
Portal 2 is fantastic. I don't know what all this "horrendous" nonsense you speak of is.
---
"Awesome. Can I play steam games on my 360? I assume I can since you posted that on the Xbox 360 board in a topic about XBL deals." - Vivi0198
#5DisturbedIconPosted 11/25/2012 11:27:37 PM
I heard Nier was awful. Other than that cool stuff for you kiddo.
---
Disturbing GameFAQs since 2002...
GamerTag:
Rah514/ PSN: Rah-514
#6RPGNinja123Posted 11/26/2012 12:07:39 AM
Metal Gear Solid HD collection is not 5 games in one, it is 3.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Mass Effect 3 MP, Final Fantasy 13 (Don't Laugh)
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Metal Gear Solid HD collection
#7CaIiber345Posted 11/26/2012 12:17:05 AM
Slow gaming season for me. I'm already buying Far Cry 3.

For Christmas I asked for:

WWE 13. Every few years I like to play a wrestling game.

Saints Row 2. I have it in GoD, but I'd like a physical copy for my collection.
---
Awaiting: Far Cry 3, GTA V
Republican Space Rangers!
#8symachPosted 11/26/2012 12:17:36 AM
bronze4v4pro posted...
Please note: This is not the annual peeking in closet topic. That will be 2.5 weeks from now.

Also, I do not ever get new games because 60 bucks is way too much for a video game, especially offensive short games that release "season passes" like Borderlands 2, which is a slap in the face to real video game players. I always knew that Gearbox Randy Pitchfork was a corrupt guy, but now I have my proof.

Anyways, I'll probably be getting these games:

dragon age origins ultimate edition (giving vanilla da origins to my sister)

final fantasy 13-2 - Excited because this has towns and fetch quests, which are the backbone of real rpg's.

spider man web of shadows- My parents said they didn't find this game today. I hope they do, its basically Grand Theft Auto but spiderman as the lead character, not lame Niko.

nier- Finally getting this. Its only ten bucks. No idea what to expect.

gears of war 3- I'm probably a sheep getting this, but at least it has a.i. bots in offline mode, which I absolutely love. I respect a game company that puts in effort for offline players.

blue dragon- only 7 bucks. No idea what to expect, either.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six New Vegas 2- They confirmed they got this today. I heard it has a single player mode called "terrorist hunt," which sounds really cool. I also like the idea of local co-op.

Metal Gear Solid HD collection- 5 games in one is a win win. I've heard surprisingly good things about PeaceWalker, which I thought was just a stupid kiddy handheld game but it actually has a lot of content from what I'm told. We'll see. Handheld games are kiddy for a reason.

Battlefield bad company 2 for pc- I'm going to play this pretty much only for the online. I only play 2 older games online so I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully I can play with my 6k ping.

Christmas looks like its going to be a swell year. I'm glad I didn't cave in and ask for horrendous games like Portal 2, which is way too short for a purchase, or Dragon Age 2, which is a garbage game from Bioware, or Dragon's Dogma, which is overration at its finest.

My Opinion
Dragon Age 10/10
FF 13-2 1/10
Spiderman 5/10
Nier 2/10
Gears 3 9/10
Blue Dragon 2/10
Metal Gear 8/10
Bad Company 8/10

As for Tom Clancy, do yourself a favor anf get the last Splinter Cell instead, I give that one a 9/10
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#9AstronomerJakePosted 11/26/2012 12:38:04 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10CaIiber345Posted 11/26/2012 12:48:58 AM
Due to a lack of time with almost all of those games, I can't rate them, except...

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows. They should be able to find it on Amazon or elsewhere online.

If you even remotely enjoyed playing Spider-Man 2, you'll enjoy WoS. Personally I love it as a gamer and a Spidey fan, because it is basically everything SM2 was. Two major complaints among gamers are:

1. Spideys voice actor is pretty cheesy, but a little camp never hurt Spider-Man.
2. End game gets really laggy and glitchy, simply because so much starts happening on-screen at once.
---
Awaiting: Far Cry 3, GTA V
Republican Space Rangers!