This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RPGs with good combat?

#21Trailblazer34Posted 11/26/2012 2:04:13 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
Resonance of Fate <-- Complex, deep, yet very fun battle system. Pretty hard game though.
Tales of Vesperia --> Especially fun with Judith

These.
#22builder111Posted 11/26/2012 2:04:18 AM
Dragon's Dogma
Dark Souls
#23YamaguxhiPosted 11/26/2012 2:08:50 AM
richard733 posted...
Skyrim

Nope.
---
No more Tom foolerey
#24YamaguxhiPosted 11/26/2012 2:10:26 AM
DarkStar643 posted...
trust us. play dark souls. it'll put hair on your balls.

And lead in your pencil
---
No more Tom foolerey
#25Devil_wings00Posted 11/26/2012 2:11:26 AM
divinity 2 the developers cut if you have a a decent PC. Don't know if they ever released the unf***ed version on consoles. Seriously a really great RPG no one played because it was really broken on launch. They have kept fixing it for 2 year now, the developers cut just came out not to long ago.

I also second the witcher 2 and the first witcher but the combat is more diablo like in the first one and kind of clunky so that probably wouldn't fit your bill. Fallout 3/new vegas are pretty action heavy. With the right mods on PC you can turn them into straight shooters with some RPG elements. Those are the ones that pop into my head at the moment.

dues ex human revolution is pretty good.

guild wars 2 if you like MMO's.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#26HeyZeussPosted 11/26/2012 3:53:57 AM(edited)
Yamaguxhi posted...
richard733 posted...
Skyrim

Nope.

Skyrim can have decent combat with the right mods. Depends on your play-style too, though.

Witcher 2 has great combat.
*Vindictus - very fun action (m)mo(rpg). Combat is very action-y.
*RaiderZ - Action mmorpg kinda like Monster Hunter. (Haven't played it, but it looks cool)

*Free

Edit: Oops, thought this was on PC board.
#27Doom_InfinitePosted 11/26/2012 4:41:44 AM
I would have to go with Tales of Vesperia.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#28BlazingxPaddlesPosted 11/26/2012 5:39:03 AM
WhyGeeGee posted...
C0RY_07 posted...
Dark Souls is stellar. You could give Dragon's Dogma a shot also

Yup dragons dogma combat is way better than DS. I found the combat in DS slow paced compared to DD which has a more versatile class system than DS.

HA! What a joke. You would he hard pressed to find a more varied combat system in an RPG. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
#29lninjasoniclPosted 11/26/2012 5:45:38 AM
BlazingxPaddles posted...
WhyGeeGee posted...
C0RY_07 posted...
Dark Souls is stellar. You could give Dragon's Dogma a shot also

Yup dragons dogma combat is way better than DS. I found the combat in DS slow paced compared to DD which has a more versatile class system than DS.

HA! What a joke. You would he hard pressed to find a more varied combat system in an RPG. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm gonna go with WhyGeeGee on this one. DD's combat system was awesome, and nothing beats hanging from a flying dragon and cutting him down to the ground.
---
I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. Best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes.
#30darkharePosted 11/26/2012 7:34:02 AM
Falcon X posted...
Recently playing Kingdoms of Amalur, Mass Effect 3, and Borderlands 2 really made me appreciate action RPGs this gen, since they combine my love for action games with my obsession for character building. What are some other good action RPGs that you guys would recommend?

if you find the combat in MassEffect and Borderlands good, then your not wanting a rpg your wanting a shooter that has leveling in it, throw a rock in a random direction and your bound to hit a fps with that criteria.
---
never mind the bullocks, BitRunner2 will own you. http://youtu.be/un_JB1gR-XI