This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RPGs with good combat?

#31Falcon X(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 8:59:09 AM
darkhare posted...
Falcon X posted...
Recently playing Kingdoms of Amalur, Mass Effect 3, and Borderlands 2 really made me appreciate action RPGs this gen, since they combine my love for action games with my obsession for character building. What are some other good action RPGs that you guys would recommend?

if you find the combat in MassEffect and Borderlands good, then your not wanting a rpg your wanting a shooter that has leveling in it, throw a rock in a random direction and your bound to hit a fps with that criteria.

I was just throwing out the names of action RPGs that I have played recently. If anything, I was looking for something more like KoA that the other two.

So far, Dragons Dogma, The Witcher 2, and Dark Souls (I suppose) seem to be the most interesting. How would you guys compare the combat between these 3 games specifically?
---
Blah.
#32bluehat94Posted 11/26/2012 9:28:25 AM
Falcon X posted...
darkhare posted...
Falcon X posted...
Recently playing Kingdoms of Amalur, Mass Effect 3, and Borderlands 2 really made me appreciate action RPGs this gen, since they combine my love for action games with my obsession for character building. What are some other good action RPGs that you guys would recommend?

if you find the combat in MassEffect and Borderlands good, then your not wanting a rpg your wanting a shooter that has leveling in it, throw a rock in a random direction and your bound to hit a fps with that criteria.

I was just throwing out the names of action RPGs that I have played recently. If anything, I was looking for something more like KoA that the other two.

So far, Dragons Dogma, The Witcher 2, and Dark Souls (I suppose) seem to be the most interesting. How would you guys compare the combat between these 3 games specifically?

Don't listen to darkhare, none of us do.

Dragons Dogma combat feels a little like DMC.

Dark Souls and the Witcher are all about strategy, they're the kind of games where fighting 3 enemies at once can be a death sentence if you don't play your cards right (figuratively, you don't actually play cards). They both involve parrying and ripostes, backstabs, as well as normal fighting, The Witcher is mostly swords, where as Dark Souls has quite a few different types of weapons. Some good advice for both games, for Dark Souls, take your time and don't rush, for The Witcher, roll often.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#33Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 11/26/2012 9:37:28 AM
It's not a 360 game, but Jade Empire. It's only 10 bucks on GoD too, if I remember correctly.
---
I have to return some videotapes.
#34STomlogPosted 11/26/2012 10:51:15 AM
BioWare ones, such as Dragon Age: Origins. Also, though many people on here will say that Skyrim's combat sucks, I found it to be one of the most deep and diverse action combat systems in video games.
---
Xbox (not 360).
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a great game. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is a greater game.
#35Falcon X(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 1:48:55 PM
bump
---
Blah.
#36-Damien-Posted 11/27/2012 6:29:54 PM
HELZERO posted...
Dark souls

/topic
#37-Damien-Posted 11/27/2012 6:32:33 PM
Falcon X posted...
darkhare posted...
Falcon X posted...

Dark Souls is far and away superior to those 2 games. then comes Dragon's Dogma, then the Witcher 2.

if you have PS3 then get Demon's Souls, which is pretty much equal to Dark Souls in term or combat.

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are pretty much the standard bearers, the pinnacle and the best of action RPG
#38peter_888Posted 11/27/2012 6:48:16 PM
Falcon X posted...
darkhare posted...
Falcon X posted...

combat system wise?
it'll probably go like this.

Dark Souls> Dragon's Dogma> The Witcher 2
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#39swatkiller546Posted 11/27/2012 6:49:44 PM
out of the three games i would play Dragons Dogma it's so awesome fighting big bosses, climbing onto them cutting their eyes out it's freakin awesome.. I've played all three games and tba the worst out of the three is dark souls, it's just not good combat, it's very do-able but it has its flaws... the witcher 2 is pushing it; it takes getting used to and you'll figure it out but the combat is not that great at all.. especially if you're a magic type it makes it so easy that it gets boring.
---
GT: Swatkiller546
I'm urglerlin all over the place!"
#40DarkestSoulsPosted 11/27/2012 6:57:17 PM
HELZERO posted...
Dark souls

/topic

pretty much this,

there's no better answer