This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

XBOX is really lacking in exclusives

#1ShadowHunterHQPosted 11/26/2012 2:23:37 AM
I was reading a topic and a thought occurred to me. XBOX really doesn't have many exclusive IPs especially when compared to PS3 and Nintendo. Nintendo has had there exclusives for years while Sony really stepped it up with developing new IPs this generation. XBOX started strong but many of them have since gone multiplatform. It's not necessarily a bad thing per se but I think microsoft really needs to step it's game up next gen

Nintendo:
Mario
Zelda
Smash Bros
Metroid
Kirby
Pikmin
Mario Kart

Sony:
God of War
Killzone
SOCOM
Resistance*
Little Big Planet*
Uncharted*
Infamous*

Microsoft:
Halo
Forza
Fable
Gears of War*

* =created this gen
---
You know its been a good party if there's an open container of butter lying around
Gamer Tag: Penguin Justice
#2GingaritoPosted 11/26/2012 2:37:57 AM
ShadowHunterHQ posted...
I was reading a topic and a thought occurred to me. XBOX really doesn't have many exclusive IPs especially when compared to PS3 and Nintendo. Nintendo has had there exclusives for years while Sony really stepped it up with developing new IPs this generation. XBOX started strong but many of them have since gone multiplatform. It's not necessarily a bad thing per se but I think microsoft really needs to step it's game up next gen

Nintendo:
Mario
Zelda
Smash Bros
Metroid
Kirby
Pikmin
Mario Kart

Sony:
God of War
Killzone
SOCOM
Resistance*
Little Big Planet*
Uncharted*
Infamous*

Microsoft:
Halo
Forza
Fable
Gears of War*

* =created this gen

Yeah they probably do need more. PS3 has the last of us coming out as well which looks amazing. But i will say SOCOM is a terrible game. But god of war , killzone and uncharted are some of the best games out there as is gears of war. What type of exclusive would you like to see?
---
There are good games there are bad games then there is haze. Currently playing - Halo 4 , Resident evil 6 (ps3) , WWE 13
#3superhappybombPosted 11/26/2012 3:05:58 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4peter_888Posted 11/26/2012 3:34:57 AM(edited)
yeah I kind of agree, especially with how xbox 360 exclusives at one point end up on the ps3 later. well the third party games.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#5Revival125Posted 11/26/2012 3:47:00 AM
It's lacking in exclusives for those of us not entertained by halo.
#6ObtikPosted 11/26/2012 3:48:43 AM
Someone is going to come in here in a little bit and post a list so long that you're not gonna want to read the whole thing.
---
XBL GT: l Mentu l
#7DemonedgePosted 11/26/2012 3:54:54 AM
I think we will see a new Viva Pinata and possibly a sequel to Kameo, and a new exclusive entry in the Killer Instinct series on the new Xbox. MS do have the franchises, they just aren't doing anything with them, Banjo and Kazooie for instance should be counterring Sony's Ratchet and Clank series, but instead nothings being done with them.

However you are missing stuff like Dance Central and Kinect Sports, I assume because you don't rate them as games?
---
The enemy of your enemy is your friend.
#8IceteaCrisisPosted 11/26/2012 4:04:29 AM
This is why it is nice to not have any over favoritism for one system. If someone has all three systems they don't have to worry about exclusives to much because they get to play them regardless of what system they are on.
#9SunDevil77Posted 11/26/2012 4:23:29 AM
Obtik posted...
Someone is going to come in here in a little bit and post a list so long that you're not gonna want to read the whole thing.

^ This.

Way to do a little research, buddy. You didn't even get a fourth of them.
---
Have you ever had a turkeyburger? Is that a fried turkey leg wrapped inside a burger? Because if so, then yes. Delicious.
#10el_pajoleroPosted 11/26/2012 4:27:23 AM
I kind of agree, although xbox does have a very solid library of exclusive xbla games. Fez, Dust, Spelunky, Trials (those are just the biggest ones) all came out just this year.
---
If death's coming it best come quick.