This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

XBOX is really lacking in exclusives

#41SarlaccPosted 11/26/2012 9:33:34 AM
There are more exclusives for playstation at least D:

No, there are more Xbox 360 exclusives, but people like the topic creator who is ignorant make topics like this and people like you believe it.
---
Nobody expects the Sarlacc Pit.
#42tracazoidPosted 11/26/2012 9:54:40 AM(edited)
Sarlacc posted...

No, there are more Xbox 360 exclusives, but people like the topic creator who is ignorant make topics like this and people like you believe it.

Actually while Wikipedia is a horrible source Wikipedia says the Playstation has 10 more exclusives than the Xbox with Xbox at 127 and Playstation at 137, once again though horrible source so it at best should be taken with half a grain of salt.

Unless you count console exclusives, which is dumb since Alan Wake, Bastion and Super Meat Boy as three examples run almost exactly the same on PC as they do on 360 and it isn't like comparing the PS2 version of say Spiderman 2 with the GBA version of Spiderman 2. They're the same games not significantly different just on a different platform.

Yet 10 exclusives isn't a lot so who gives a damn? Certainly not I.
#43TheArcadePosted 11/26/2012 9:56:35 AM
Microsoft garners a far greater amount of studios and more exclusives than PS3. None the less you do got a point on IP's however the topic title is VERY misleading.
---
Phantom Miria, Rippling Ophelia, Teresa of the Faint Smile, Windcutter Flora, God-Eye Galatea
#44RisingWaterPosted 11/26/2012 9:58:40 AM
No mention of Crackdown?!

TC totally sucks.

PS3 holiday 2012 lineup,cough cough
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee137/aranathos/0026861.jpg
#45CyricsServantPosted 11/26/2012 10:04:12 AM
TheArcade posted...
Microsoft garners a far greater amount of studios and more exclusives than PS3. None the less you do got a point on IP's however the topic title is VERY misleading.

It might have more studios but I don't feel it does much worthwhile with them. Of the three systems, I think the 360 has the weakest exclusives. The handful I've actually been blown away by are on the PC as well (e.g. Super Meat Boy, Mass Effect, Divinity 2: DKS, L4D1&2, etc.)

I've yet to play anything purely 360 exclusive that belongs in the same category as Valkyria Chronicles, Demon's Souls, Infamous series, or Uncharted 2 . . . imo.
#46SarlaccPosted 11/26/2012 10:10:06 AM(edited)
Sarlacc posted...

Actually while Wikipedia is a horrible source Wikipedia says the Playstation has 10 more exclusives than the Xbox with Xbox at 127 and Playstation at 137, once again though horrible source so it at best should be taken with half a grain of salt.

Unless you count console exclusives, which is dumb since Alan Wake, Bastion and Super Meat Boy as three examples run almost exactly the same on PC as they do on 360 and it isn't like comparing the PS2 version of say Spiderman 2 with the GBA version of Spiderman 2. They're the same games not significantly different just on a different platform.

Video games in this category have been released exclusively on the Xbox 360, and are not available for purchase or download on other video game consoles, personal computers, or mobile devices. The only exception to this rule is when a game has been ported from the arcade directly to the 360 and no other system.

The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 246 total

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox_360-only_games

Video games in this category have been released exclusively on the PS3, and are not available for purchase or download on other video game consoles, personal computers, or mobile devices. The only exception to this rule is when a game has been ported from the arcade directly to the PS3 and no other system.

The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 209 total.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games

And that doesn't include console exclusives, which would obviously make the difference much higher.
---
#47tracazoidPosted 11/26/2012 10:14:56 AM(edited)
Sarlacc posted...
Sarlacc posted...

Video games in this category have been released exclusively on the Xbox 360, and are not available for purchase or download on other video game consoles, personal computers, or mobile devices. The only exception to this rule is when a game has been ported from the arcade directly to the 360 and no other system.

The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 246 total

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox_360-only_games

Video games in this category have been released exclusively on the PS3, and are not available for purchase or download on other video game consoles, personal computers, or mobile devices. The only exception to this rule is when a game has been ported from the arcade directly to the PS3 and no other system.

The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 209 total.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games

And that doesn't include console exclusives, which would obviously make the difference much higher.

Wait so that adds downloads? I don't think the list I was looking at does, which was this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games

That would make a difference, a lot of that stuff is download based indeed. My mistake.
#48TheArcadePosted 11/26/2012 10:21:18 AM(edited)
CyricsServant posted...
TheArcade posted...

It might have more studios but I don't feel it does much worthwhile with them. Of the three systems, I think the 360 has the weakest exclusives. The handful I've actually been blown away by are on the PC as well (e.g. Super Meat Boy, Mass Effect, Divinity 2: DKS, L4D1&2, etc.)

I've yet to play anything purely 360 exclusive that belongs in the same category as Valkyria Chronicles, Demon's Souls, Infamous series, or Uncharted 2 . . . imo.

I'm the exact opposite with the exception of Valkyrie Chronicles those other games seem bland to me... I'll take Shadow Complex, DeathSmiles, DOA4 and Trials any day over those games. It be woth me to say I value 3rd party over 1st, the only time I liked 1st party games better was back when Sega made consoles (Shinobi, VF, Shenmue, SOR, Nights, Last Bronx, etc.)

Third party games have always been better this gen for me personally. I'd happily play a Konami beat-em-up rather than giving into the status quo.
---
Phantom Miria, Rippling Ophelia, Teresa of the Faint Smile, Windcutter Flora, God-Eye Galatea
#49spooky96Posted 11/26/2012 10:23:32 AM
TC realized that now?

-_-
---
http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h427/speaky961/serious.png
#50SarlaccPosted 11/26/2012 10:57:14 AM
Doesn't matter that MS has more studios and more exclusives, people will still make this topic.
---