This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

XBOX is really lacking in exclusives

#51Luthor_Posted 11/26/2012 10:10:18 AM
In all honesty, while the 360 has more exclusives, I think the PS3 exclusives are much better.

Good thing I have both consoles.

Of anything though, PC lacks exclusives.
---
Dante Stormblade
#52MR_SorenPosted 11/26/2012 10:19:25 AM
Xbox 360 has almost all of the shoot-em-ups this gen, including the Raiden, Mushihimesama, and Dodonpachi franchises which were on SONY consoles in previous generations, and new franchises like Deathsmiles and Otomedius.

XBLA also has a lot of great stuff in a variety of genres.
---
Blog: .............. http://red-grenade.com
Gamertag: .... rjcarello
#53TheArcadePosted 11/26/2012 10:50:25 AM
Sarlacc posted...
Doesn't matter that MS has more studios and more exclusives, people will still make this topic.

Which I find hilarious.
---
Phantom Miria, Rippling Ophelia, Teresa of the Faint Smile, Windcutter Flora, God-Eye Galatea
#54CyricsServantPosted 11/26/2012 11:03:38 AM
TheArcade posted...
CyricsServant posted...
TheArcade posted...
Microsoft garners a far greater amount of studios and more exclusives than PS3. None the less you do got a point on IP's however the topic title is VERY misleading.

It might have more studios but I don't feel it does much worthwhile with them. Of the three systems, I think the 360 has the weakest exclusives. The handful I've actually been blown away by are on the PC as well (e.g. Super Meat Boy, Mass Effect, Divinity 2: DKS, L4D1&2, etc.)

I've yet to play anything purely 360 exclusive that belongs in the same category as Valkyria Chronicles, Demon's Souls, Infamous series, or Uncharted 2 . . . imo.

I'm the exact opposite with the exception of Valkyrie Chronicles those other games seem bland to me... I'll take Shadow Complex, DeathSmiles, DOA4 and Trials any day over those games. It be woth me to say I value 3rd party over 1st, the only time I liked 1st party games better was back when Sega made consoles (Shinobi, VF, Shenmue, SOR, Nights, Last Bronx, etc.)

Third party games have always been better this gen for me personally. I'd happily play a Konami beat-em-up rather than giving into the status quo.

I've played the 360 games you mentioned, sans DeathSmiles, and they're all good. I just don't think they're on the same level as the other games I mentioned. I guess it ultimately just comes down to individual player preferences.

Still, Valkyria Chronicles and Demon's Souls aside, I'd agree with you that 3rd party games have been the highlight of this gen. My favorite games this year and last year were all 3rd party (e.g. Asura's Wrath, Binary Domain, Mass Effect 3, Dark Souls, Batman: Arkham City, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Portal 2, etc.) I'd also agree that XBLA is a lot better than PSN for games. Sony did pretty well this year with games like Journey, The Unfinished Swan, and Papo & Yo, but it shouldn't take half a decade to start releasing quality, quirky, downloadable titles.
#55TheArcadePosted 11/26/2012 11:34:40 AM
CyricsServant posted...
TheArcade posted...
CyricsServant posted...
TheArcade posted...
Microsoft garners a far greater amount of studios and more exclusives than PS3. None the less you do got a point on IP's however the topic title is VERY misleading.

It might have more studios but I don't feel it does much worthwhile with them. Of the three systems, I think the 360 has the weakest exclusives. The handful I've actually been blown away by are on the PC as well (e.g. Super Meat Boy, Mass Effect, Divinity 2: DKS, L4D1&2, etc.)

I've yet to play anything purely 360 exclusive that belongs in the same category as Valkyria Chronicles, Demon's Souls, Infamous series, or Uncharted 2 . . . imo.

I'm the exact opposite with the exception of Valkyrie Chronicles those other games seem bland to me... I'll take Shadow Complex, DeathSmiles, DOA4 and Trials any day over those games. It be woth me to say I value 3rd party over 1st, the only time I liked 1st party games better was back when Sega made consoles (Shinobi, VF, Shenmue, SOR, Nights, Last Bronx, etc.)

Third party games have always been better this gen for me personally. I'd happily play a Konami beat-em-up rather than giving into the status quo.

I've played the 360 games you mentioned, sans DeathSmiles, and they're all good. I just don't think they're on the same level as the other games I mentioned. I guess it ultimately just comes down to individual player preferences.

Still, Valkyria Chronicles and Demon's Souls aside, I'd agree with you that 3rd party games have been the highlight of this gen. My favorite games this year and last year were all 3rd party (e.g. Asura's Wrath, Binary Domain, Mass Effect 3, Dark Souls, Batman: Arkham City, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Portal 2, etc.) I'd also agree that XBLA is a lot better than PSN for games. Sony did pretty well this year with games like Journey, The Unfinished Swan, and Papo & Yo, but it shouldn't take half a decade to start releasing quality, quirky, downloadable titles.

Yeah, by the time Sony started getting serious some of us lost interest. You don't wait 4-6 years to get good.
---
Phantom Miria, Rippling Ophelia, Teresa of the Faint Smile, Windcutter Flora, God-Eye Galatea
#56swatkiller546Posted 11/26/2012 12:03:23 PM
oh you're forgetting two great games dead rising and blue dragon!
---
GT: Swatkiller546
I'm urglerlin all over the place!"
#57TheArcadePosted 11/26/2012 12:58:47 PM(edited)
swatkiller546 posted...
oh you're forgetting two great games dead rising and blue dragon!

Of course. :)

The first Dead Rising was amazing.
---
#58The_DjokerPosted 11/26/2012 3:56:13 PM
I agree it could do with more but 360 is still my preferred console this gen and will be next gen....why? Because I have more faith in MS than sony/nintendo combined to provide me with the best service and content.

All I do on PS3/Nintendo consoles is play exclusives. For everything else I use 360. And multiplats is what drives the current generation. Exclusives don't have as much influence as they did last gen or the gens before.
---
http://s12.postimage.org/8orxdffrv/ps4golden.png
#59SonyHoundDawgPosted 11/26/2012 4:38:49 PM
Killzone, Socom and Restistance are crap so with those gone its pretty even.

Nintendo of course has the most famous exclusives and prolly the best.
#60jakethenoobPosted 11/26/2012 5:15:02 PM
Sarlacc posted...
There are more exclusives for playstation at least D:

No, there are more Xbox 360 exclusives, but people like the topic creator who is ignorant make topics like this and people like you believe it.

NO, they're aren't. I hope you're not counting games that are also on the PC, but not the PS3 as "360 exclusives".
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/