This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hmm... The best games I play tend not to have multiplayer in them... Huh...

#1mtjormitchPosted 11/26/2012 9:43:53 AM
This is an observation I have been noticing for a while. Now. I am going to list games from this gen that don't have multiplayer but are just plain better than ones with the tumor of online play sewed in like a damn frankenstein monster.

1. Bioshock. (Compare to Bioshock 2)

2, Fallout games.

3. Metro 2033.

4. Alan Wake.

5. Xenoblade Chronicles

6. The Witcher 2

7. Assassin's Creed 2 (It is better than 3.)

8. Skyrim.

9. Any console JRPG that isn't bad. (Way to many to list.)

10. Nier.

11. Deadly Premonition.

12. Castlevania: Lords of Shadows.

I can keep going and going. At this point. I have to say this. Multiplayer was only made for college students who are bored and for children so they can act like adults when in reality they are more childlike than ever. Multiplayer in and of itself anymore that if you compare a franchise that did amazing and had great games before getting multiplayer, and then afterwords where it was stitched in like some mutated pussball.

Why even play multiplayer anymore anyway? It has been ruined completely and utterly by the people on it. I have heard children call me words which would get me banned here instantly. I have heard of teenagers literally yelling at their moms, threatening to kill them and I have heard Adult say some of the most horrific things possible to anyone in earshot.

No... I am not joking at the teenager part either. I quickly got out of his party. I blocked commutications and went about my business. It was freaking scary.

After 2 years on xbox live I got out... I gotta tell you guys. I have never been happier to do that. Not only am I saving money but I am also having some faith in humanity again after listening to some of the worst things possible online.

Not only those things. But games that hack in a multiplayer mode do in fact get dumbed down thanks to it. Just look at the Assassins Creed series and how it ended and you can see it was rushed at 3 and the only thing actually polished was the multiplayer.

There is another thing to note as well. Why are they even doing this even if they know that the multiplayer will not last a week? DS2 guys knew this and said it as well. Why make a multiplayer no on will play and have them just go back to CoD after playing the singleplayer?

????????????

It baffles me. It doesn't earn more money. In fact, I am going to preorder Bioshock Infinite just because of the fact that it doesn't have multiplayer and because of that fact. I know it is going to be great instead of 'good'

What are your feelings on all this?
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#2pothocketPosted 11/26/2012 9:54:14 AM
It's true, competition is a young man's game. Adults don't feel the need to "prove" themselves like teenage males do.

But there's a general lack of innovation that just makes MP so...meh. Out of all the different ways players can interact with each other, 99% of MP is simply who can fill the other player with bullets first. Really? We can't compete against real players unless it involves bullets?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#3xLexLuth0rxPosted 11/26/2012 9:58:37 AM
pothocket posted...
It's true, competition is a young man's game. Adults don't feel the need to "prove" themselves like teenage males do.

But there's a general lack of innovation that just makes MP so...meh. Out of all the different ways players can interact with each other, 99% of MP is simply who can fill the other player with bullets first. Really? We can't compete against real players unless it involves bullets?

You make a pretty valid point. Short of fighting games like Street Fighter and the occasional racing games, it seems everything multi does indeed involve bullets. I'd love for another genre to come in and make a big change to that. MMOs can be varied but not much of that here on the 360.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
NNID - LexLuthor (Add me)
#4NeojianXPosted 11/26/2012 10:06:53 AM
Single player JRPGs for the Win. Online Multiplayer games are for social network junkies.

It's just a battlefield for current events, politics, religion and tea bagging.
After the way Sony did the NA 60gb PS3 I don't want any console or handheld online ever again. They said they still kinda own their systems while online and removed the Other OS and PS3 BC with an update ultimatum. No Game company should ever be trusted and all should pay for what Sony did to gaming.

I get me on this having own all last and current gen consoles and handhelds. They all have some flaws. All would anyway just based on licensing and localization of games (which is also Flawed) between them all.
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#5mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 2:02:54 PM
Anyone else agree?
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#6EM_MegaPosted 11/26/2012 2:09:56 PM
Play a Fighting game.

Super Street Fighter IV: AE
Persona 4: Arena
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
King of Fighters XIII
The list goes on and on

Your mind will change.
#7Gwildor123Posted 11/26/2012 2:10:18 PM
Sleeping with the Dog is another single player game that is outstanding.
---
Gwildor is from the film HE-MAN MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE.
#8therickmu25Posted 11/26/2012 2:11:16 PM
I just hate how most multiplayers now felt like they were 'slapped on' at the end and fro gods sake stop the formula of 'RANKING UP, PERKS, KILLSTREAKS/SCORESTREAKS/DEATHSTREAKS/STREAKSTREAKS/).

I play Counterstrike on PC not because I can't wait to 'rank up' but because it's actually GOOD and competitive. I hate the mentality that to keep people playing a game you need to have a ridiculously long rank up system and meaningless unlocks like armor, weapons, attachments, perks.

Make something that is great and you don't need this B/S formula.
---
http://i.imgur.com/34Fj8.jpg
#9untouchable010Posted 11/26/2012 2:23:34 PM
Max Payne 3 is awesome but it was never about multiplayer with the previous installments. And while the multiplayer added on does not hurt the single-player experience, it wasn't needed.
---
I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings.
#10majinbuu58Posted 11/26/2012 2:30:28 PM
You didn't list Oblivion as the first game.
---
"Bruce Wayne is the sort of guy who eats his broccoli, and eats it raw." -CatAtomic999